Triboelectric Nano-generator Market: Introduction
- A triboelectric nano-generator is an electric generator that converts kinetic energy generated from vibration into electric energy. A triboelectric nano-generator has two important components i.e. a transducer and a resonator. The transducer converts vibration energy into electric energy and the resonator amplifies the source of vibration.
- The triboelectric nano-generator generates electricity from various sources of vibration including motion of human, machine, automobile, etc. The electricity generated can be used to power small electronic divides, wearable devices, and other power electronics.
- Rising global warming and energy crises have forced governments and companies to search for the renewable energy sources that can reduce carbon emissions. Vibration is a common mechanical motion, which exists in a variety of forms and at a wide range of scales. Over the last few years, companies are focusing on energy harvesting from vibration. Moreover, investments for scaling up the electricity production are rising.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers and Restrains of Global Triboelectric Nano-generator Market
- The threat of global warming and energy crises is a key driver of the global triboelectric nano-generator market. High use of fossil fuel for energy production has raised environmental issues such as global warming. Governments across the world are implementing stringent regulations on the use of fossil fuel. As a result, companies are focusing on renewable and green energy sources. Thus, rising global warming and energy crises are expected to drive the global triboelectric nano-generator market during the forecast period.
- Demand for compact-sized power supply devices, which can be used in areas where wires are difficult to be installed for power supply or transmission, is increasing. This factor is expected to drive the global triboelectric nano-generator market during the forecast period.
- Increase in the demand for wearable devices in developing countries is a key driver of the global triboelectric nano-generator market. Countries such as China, India, and Brazil have witnessed significant rise in the disposable income of people. This has driven the demand for wearables devices in these countries. This, in turn, is anticipated to boost the global triboelectric nano-generator market during the forecast period.
- Availability of substitutes is a major factor expected to restrain the global triboelectric nano-generator market during the forecast period
Global Triboelectric Nano-generator Market: Segmentation
- The global triboelectric nano-generator market can be segmented based on type, application, and region
- In terms of type, the global triboelectric nano-generator market can be divided into liquid metal based and organic thin film based. The liquid metal based segment of the global triboelectric nano-generator market is anticipated to witness significant growth during the forecast period, as liquid-metal-based triboelectric nano-generators are simple in design and fabrication.
- In terms of application, the global triboelectric nano-generator market can be classified into consumer electronics, medical, aerospace & defense, and others. In terms of demand, the consumer electronics segment is likely to dominate the global triboelectric nano-generator market in the near future. Triboelectric nano-generators are employed to power wearable electronics, as they have ability to convert low-frequency vibrations (present in the environment) into electric power.
Global Triboelectric Nano-generator Market: Regional Outlook
- Based on region, the global triboelectric nano-generator market can be divided into Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America, Middle East & Africa and Latin America
- The triboelectric nano-generator market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period, due to rise in the consumer preference for consumer electronics devices, primarily in developing nations including India and China. Furthermore, improved living standards, strong economic growth, and increase in the disposable income are likely to fuel the demand for consumer electronics in the region in the near future.
- North America and Europe are projected to hold a considerable share of the global triboelectric nano-generator market during the forecast period, due to shift in preference toward smart wearables and increase in investments in the electronics industry in these regions. This is attributable to shift in trend toward adoption of smart homes and smart offices along with increase in the purchasing power parity of people in these regions.
- The triboelectric nano-generator market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, due to rising demand for compact and easy-to-use wireless power generators in these regions
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The global triboelectric nano-generator market is undergoing the nascent stage and hence, no manufacturer is currently operating in the market
Global Triboelectric Nano-generator Market: Research Scope
Global Triboelectric Nano-generator Market, by Type
- Liquid Metal Based
- Organic Thin Film Based
Global Triboelectric Nano-generator Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
Global Triboelectric Nano-generator Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.