Global Transport Protection Film Market: An Overview
The global transport protection film market is primarily influenced by growth in the automotive industry and increase sales of vehicles. Transport protection films comprise the adhesive layer coated on a polymer-based substrate layer and are flexible plastic films. Transport protection films is a subordinate product, and the increase in end-use industries influences their demand. Moreover, industries such as building & construction, electronics, and household appliances, also has a broad impact on transport protection films market which provides resistance from scratches, flame, and extreme temperatures.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure here
Transport protection film increases shelf-life of the products and has emerged as a cost-effective way to protect the expensive product from environmental components such as surface eroding, chemical, and gaseous substances, etc. The manufacturer of transport protection film operates in a highly competitive environment, where various Tier1 (T1) companies are facing competition from T2 and T3 companies for transport protection films. The advancement in protective packaging technology has resulted in increased demand for transport protection films from the various end user. Therefore, the growth in demand for vehicles from the automotive industry is expected to ensure positive growth outlook for the global transport protection film market during the forecast period.
Global Transport Protection Film Market: Dynamics
The global transport protection film market is anticipated to grow on the backdrop of growth in the automotive industry, globally. Since the transport protection film is used for protective packaging and provides safety from physical damage. The demand for transport protection film has increased due to manufacturers are becoming more conscious in protecting their product from scratches, dirt, and chemicals, and make them more durable. Damages caused by UV rays and unfavorable weather can also be avoided by transport protection film and hence, are also growing popular in the automotive aftermarkets. Due to rapid urbanization in emerging economies of Asia Pacific, the building and construction industry is growing and has driven the market of the transport protection film. The developing transportation sector around the world has increased the demand for transport protection film. The difficulty in the recycling of polymer plastic used in the manufacturing of transport protection film can restrain the global market, due to government regulations. The development of new bio-based protective films will cause high manufacturing cost and will affect the transport protection film market.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Global Transport Protection Film Market: Segmentation
The global transport protection film market is segmented as follows -
By product type, the global transport protection film market is segmented into –
By material type, the global transport protection film market is segmented into –
- Polyethylene terephthalate
By end use, the global transport protection film market is segmented into –
- Automotive Industry
- Building & Construction Industry
- Logistics & Shipping Industry
- Electrical & Electronics Industry
- Other Industries
Global Transport Protection Film Market: Regional Outlook
The growth in sales from the automotive industry in APEJ region with the country like India registering increase in car sales by approximately 10% in the recent years, therefore, it will result in the growth of global transport protection film market. The industry like building & construction, interior, electronic, and transportation are also expected to grow in the APEJ region. Countries like Brazil in Latin America have observed sluggish growth in the construction industry, due to hit by one of the worst recessions in recent times. Is expected that it will take time for the recovery of that region that will affect the transport protection film market.
Recent Developments in the Global Transport Protection Film Market
- In February 2019, POLIFILM PROTECTION (U.K), the surface protection film, acquires the Australian business from its distribution partner. To expand their business and are responsible for the protective film business in the Australian market.
- In February 2018, API group (U.K) acquired film manufacturing company Dunmore (U.S). The acquisition includes the assets.
Global Transport Protection Film Market: Key players
Some of the leading players operating in the global transport protection film market are as follows –
- Bischof + Klein Se & Co. Kg
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- Bp Plastics Holding Bhd
- Dunmore Corporation
- Dute Industries Group
- I. Du Pont De Nemours And Company
- Echoplast Ltd.
- Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Kao Chia Plastic Co., Ltd.
- Lamin-X Protective Films
- MT Tapes
- Nitto Denko Corporation.
- POLIFILM PROTECTION Group
- Pregis Llc
- Presto Tape
- Surface Armor llc
- The 3M Company
- Toray Industries Inc.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.