Transplantation is the transfer (engraftment) of human cells, tissues, or organs from a donor to a recipient, with the aim of restoring function(s) in the body. In case of end-state organ failure, such as liver and heart failure, organ transplantation is often the only treatment. A significant upward trend has been observed in the last two years in the transplantation therapeutics market. Factors driving the transplantation therapeutics market are rising non-communicable diseases, aging population and increasing life expectancy, growing income, rising government expenditure on health care, free trade agreement, and continuous research and development. According to Global Observatory on Donation and Transplantation, in 2015, around 126,670 solid organs, such as kidney, heart, liver, lungs, small bowel, and pancreas transplantations were performed worldwide, which is an increase of 5.8% since 2014. Kidney and the liver transplants are the widely performed transplant procedures.
Continuous research and development to provide innovative drugs and treatment for a host of diseases has boosted the development of the transplantation therapeutics. Technological innovation provided key players with the opportunity to penetrate a new therapeutic area/market. Moreover, rising number of prevalence and incidences of various diseases has increased the demand for highly innovative and better outcome products. Developing global economic conditions create lucrative opportunities for the expansion of the transplantation therapeutics market. Rise in individual per capita income boosts health care expenditure. In the developing countries of Asia Pacific and the Middle East, growing population and per capita income are important drivers of the market. According to the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), the number of high-income households is estimated to be around 540 million by 2019, out of which, Asia Pacific is likely to constitute a share of more than 50%. Along with growing geriatric population and life expectancy rate, other factors, such as, increase in the number of stem cell donors, decline in infant mortality, enhanced living conditions, improved sanitation, and better prevention of communicable diseases are also projected to contribute to the advancement of the market. Although there are a number of drug options available in the market for acute rejections, long-term treatment options remain unsatisfactory. Risk of infection limits the effectiveness of these therapies. As such, improvement in their efficacy is needed.
The global transplantation therapeutics market can be segmented based on drug class, route of administration, distribution channel, and geography. In terms of drug class, the market can be categorized into antibody therapies, calcineurin inhibitors, anti-proliferative agents, mTor inhibitors, corticosteroids, and others. Based on distribution channel, the transplantation therapeutics market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online pharmacies, and others. The online pharmacies segment is anticipated to record a significant growth during the forecast period, owing to factors, such as, ease of access to product comparison and discounts offered online.
Region-wise, the global transplantation therapeutics market can be segmented into North America (NA), Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), Latin America (LA), and Middle East & Africa (MEA). North America and Europe lead the global transplantation therapeutics market due to easy technological applications, funding and high income population in these regions. The other favorable reasons are high prevalence of lymphoproliferative disorders and leukemia, demand for better treatment options, and easy accessibility and acceptance of new technologies. Transplantation rate in high income countries is increasing at a rapid pace, and continued rise is also seen in low income countries and is expected to grow further. The transplantation therapeutics pipeline comprises around 120 drug candidates in different stages of development. The pipeline consists of a high number of small molecules, biologics, and other drug candidates developed as peptides and protein. Companies are targeting a wide range of therapeutics, such as chemokine receptors, integrins, cadherins, and protein kinase. However, no particular class of target appears predominating in terms of pipeline volume.
Leading players operating in the global transplantation therapeutics market are Novartis AG, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, AbbVie Inc, Pfizer Inc, Astellas Pharma Inc, Gilead Sciences Inc, Quark Pharmaceuticals Inc, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd, Sanofi, and Boehringer Ingelheim.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.