Translucent Wood: Introduction
- Translucent wood is a type of construction material that is produced by treating and compressing wood strips. Optical transparent wood is a type of wood veneer, wherein the lignin, a component of cell walls, is removed chemically. It is an environment-friendly material compared to its alternatives such as plastic and glass.
- During the production of translucent wood, lignin is replaced by polymers to make it transparent. Translucent wood is far lighter compared to lumber wood. However, both these material possess similar strength. Wood is by far the most used bio-base material in buildings.
- Translucent wood is used in a wide range of applications as a construction material in residential and commercial buildings. Translucent wood is a preferred construction material by builders or architects owing to its excellent set of properties such as high optical transmittance, low thermal conductivity, outstanding toughness, and lower density compared to glass.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Brake Override System Market, Request for a Sample
Production Process of Translucent Wood
- At first, wood blocks or strips are added into boiling bath of water, sodium hydroxide, and other chemicals for almost two hours. This causes lignin, a polymer which gives wood its color, to leach out of the cell walls, causing wood to turn white.
- After this, hydrogen peroxide is used as an oxidizing agent to complete the leaching of lignin.
- Wood is then soaked with an epoxy to strengthen the wood and make it clearer. When epoxy is applied on wood, the end product looks akin to a piece of plastic. However, the underlying structure and strength of wood remains the same.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Translucent Wood Market
- The global population is estimated to increase from 6.4 billion in 2005 to 8.2 billion by 2030. Governments of countries such as Bahrain, India, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and the UAE are planning to build homes to cater to the housing needs of the emerging population. Rise in global population and increase in disposable income are key factors that are driving the demand for residential homes and various other construction projects. This is expected to boost the demand for translucent wood in the next few years.
- The global GDP increased from about US$16 Trn in 1970 to US$47 Trn in 2005. It is estimated to increase to US$100 Trn by 2030. High investments have been made in the building & construction industry in the last few years across the globe. Improvement in economic conditions in developing economies such as Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, and India, especially in the construction sector, is anticipated to boost the global translucent wood market in the near future.
- According to a report published by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the sale of wood-related products such as translucent wood increased by 11% in 2018 compared to that in 2017
- Translucent wood can reduce energy cost by lowering the usage of artificial lights inside homes and other buildings. Nowadays, urban architecture depends heavily on the use of glass and steel. Biodegradable materials such as translucent wood can reduce heating costs, thereby lowering fuel consumption.
Key Restraints of Translucent Wood Market
- Translucent wood is more vulnerable to water damage. This can lead to external damage of translucent wood. Regular sealing of wood sealant is required to safeguard the wood material. This is one of the factors that can negatively impact the translucent wood market in the near future.
- Countries such as China, the U.S., and Japan are facing a temporary slowdown due to lockdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Similar to the case with the SARS outbreak, the economy is estimated to return to the normal levels in the near future.
Asia Pacific Emerging as Key Region of Global Translucent Wood Market
- China, the U.S., and India alone account for 57% of construction activities across the globe, as per a report published by Global Construction Perspectives and Oxford Economics. Governments of China and India are striving to meet the housing needs of their population. The Government of India plans to invest US$ 3.304 Bn in the near future to revive stalled housing projects. Furthermore, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs of India, in its annual budget, allocated US$ 6.618 Bn, a nearly 18.39% increase from the revised estimate of US$ 5.590 Bn for 2019–2020.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global translucent wood market include:
- Georgia-Pacific Wood Products LLC
- Fritz EGGER GmbH & Co. OG
- Berneck S.A.
- Timber Products Co.
- Roseburg Forest Products Co.
- Medite Europe Ltd
- Borg Manufacturing
- Universal Woods Inc.
- Richwood Industries, Inc.
- Kronospan Limited
- Duratex SA
- Swiss Krono Group
- Daiken Corporation
- Dare Wood-Based Panels Group Co., Ltd.
Global Translucent wood Market: Research Scope
Global Translucent wood Market, by Application
- Load Bearing Windows
- Car Windscreens
- Curtain Walls
- Solar Cells Windows
- Solar Panels
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Shielding
- Transparent Wood Lasers
Global Translucent wood Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.