Translucent Wood: Introduction
- Translucent wood is a type of construction material that is produced by treating and compressing wood strips. Optical transparent wood is a type of wood veneer, wherein the lignin, a component of cell walls, is removed chemically. It is an environment-friendly material compared to its alternatives such as plastic and glass.
- During the production of translucent wood, lignin is replaced by polymers to make it transparent. Translucent wood is far lighter compared to lumber wood. However, both these material possess similar strength. Wood is by far the most used bio-base material in buildings.
- Translucent wood is used in a wide range of applications as a construction material in residential and commercial buildings. Translucent wood is a preferred construction material by builders or architects owing to its excellent set of properties such as high optical transmittance, low thermal conductivity, outstanding toughness, and lower density compared to glass.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Brake Override System Market, Request for a Sample
Production Process of Translucent Wood
- At first, wood blocks or strips are added into boiling bath of water, sodium hydroxide, and other chemicals for almost two hours. This causes lignin, a polymer which gives wood its color, to leach out of the cell walls, causing wood to turn white.
- After this, hydrogen peroxide is used as an oxidizing agent to complete the leaching of lignin.
- Wood is then soaked with an epoxy to strengthen the wood and make it clearer. When epoxy is applied on wood, the end product looks akin to a piece of plastic. However, the underlying structure and strength of wood remains the same.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Translucent Wood Market
- The global population is estimated to increase from 6.4 billion in 2005 to 8.2 billion by 2030. Governments of countries such as Bahrain, India, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and the UAE are planning to build homes to cater to the housing needs of the emerging population. Rise in global population and increase in disposable income are key factors that are driving the demand for residential homes and various other construction projects. This is expected to boost the demand for translucent wood in the next few years.
- The global GDP increased from about US$16 Trn in 1970 to US$47 Trn in 2005. It is estimated to increase to US$100 Trn by 2030. High investments have been made in the building & construction industry in the last few years across the globe. Improvement in economic conditions in developing economies such as Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, and India, especially in the construction sector, is anticipated to boost the global translucent wood market in the near future.
- According to a report published by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the sale of wood-related products such as translucent wood increased by 11% in 2018 compared to that in 2017
- Translucent wood can reduce energy cost by lowering the usage of artificial lights inside homes and other buildings. Nowadays, urban architecture depends heavily on the use of glass and steel. Biodegradable materials such as translucent wood can reduce heating costs, thereby lowering fuel consumption.
Key Restraints of Translucent Wood Market
- Translucent wood is more vulnerable to water damage. This can lead to external damage of translucent wood. Regular sealing of wood sealant is required to safeguard the wood material. This is one of the factors that can negatively impact the translucent wood market in the near future.
- Countries such as China, the U.S., and Japan are facing a temporary slowdown due to lockdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Similar to the case with the SARS outbreak, the economy is estimated to return to the normal levels in the near future.
Asia Pacific Emerging as Key Region of Global Translucent Wood Market
- China, the U.S., and India alone account for 57% of construction activities across the globe, as per a report published by Global Construction Perspectives and Oxford Economics. Governments of China and India are striving to meet the housing needs of their population. The Government of India plans to invest US$ 3.304 Bn in the near future to revive stalled housing projects. Furthermore, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs of India, in its annual budget, allocated US$ 6.618 Bn, a nearly 18.39% increase from the revised estimate of US$ 5.590 Bn for 2019–2020.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global translucent wood market include:
- Georgia-Pacific Wood Products LLC
- Fritz EGGER GmbH & Co. OG
- Berneck S.A.
- Timber Products Co.
- Roseburg Forest Products Co.
- Medite Europe Ltd
- Borg Manufacturing
- Universal Woods Inc.
- Richwood Industries, Inc.
- Kronospan Limited
- Duratex SA
- Swiss Krono Group
- Daiken Corporation
- Dare Wood-Based Panels Group Co., Ltd.
Global Translucent wood Market: Research Scope
Global Translucent wood Market, by Application
- Load Bearing Windows
- Car Windscreens
- Curtain Walls
- Solar Cells Windows
- Solar Panels
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Shielding
- Transparent Wood Lasers
Global Translucent wood Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?