Translucent Roofing Market: Introduction
- Translucent roofing was primarily developed to resist ultra-violet rays and air pollutants and preventing the roofing from turning yellow or the roofing material from degrading.
- A variety of materials such as fiber reinforced plastic, polycarbonate, polyethylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, and polypropylene are used to produce translucent roofing. These materials can be utilized in the form of tiles or sheets for roofing.
- Translucent roofing provides long-term high quality natural light transmission without embrittlement of the materials. They provide improved aesthetics, clarity, and strength to the roofing.
- Translucent roofing is an excellent choice of roofing materials in areas where proper lighting is required along with UV protection. Some areas where translucent roofing can be used are schools, public areas, kindergarten, commercial, industrial, and institutional spaces.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Need for translucent roofing
- Translucent roofing is employed to permit light into enclosed spaces without permitting ultra-violet rays to enter, which are the main cause of heat. Therefore, this roofing helps illuminate spaces without heating them up.
- Heat and light transmission through roofs and windows needs to be regulated, as light rays other than visible light, such as ultra violet and infra-red, are harmful to humans. They are responsible for harmful skin diseases and cancer.
- Buildup of infrared rays and ultraviolet rays also traps energy in the form of heat in the enclosed spaces causing them to heat up. These issues can be prevented with the use of translucent roofing.
- Moreover, translucent roofing are also available in various shades and tints that make them esthetically appealing and hence, they are also used for decorative purposes.
Key drivers of translucent roofing market
- The translucent roofing market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Expansion of construction and infrastructure industries, globally, is a key factor driving the market. Demand is rising due to the desirable properties of translucent roofing.
- Rise is demand is likely to be concentrated in Asia Pacific, which is experiencing rapid rise in building and infrastructure development. Rising investments in building and construction sectors in China, India, and South Korea is likely to propel the translucent roofing market during the forecast period.
- The construction sector in the U.S. and Brazil is also anticipated to expand during the forecast period, which in turn is likely to boost the demand for translucent roofing between 2019 and 2027.
Fiber reinforced plastic (FRP) tiles to be the dominant segment of the global translucent roofing market
- Fiber reinforced plastic (FRP) tiles are the most common choice of material that is used for translucent roofing, as these tiles are anti-corrosive and possess high strength.
- Polycarbonate sheets are the other prominent type of material used for translucent roofing. Polycarbonate sheets possess excellent shock and fracture resistance and are easy to blend. Moreover, they are much lighter as compared to glass roofing and are good insulators and hence, don’t transmit heat readily. They have excellent UV protection and the color does not fade away easily. These sheets are also shatter proof and hence, possess advantage over glass roofing.
- Translucent roofing can be used for residential, commercial, as well and industrial applications. Commercial and institutional sectors are the leading users of translucent sheets, as these sheets are extensively employed for esthetics purposes or to provide natural lighting to enclosed areas.
Asia Pacific expected to hold the leading share of global translucent roofing market
- In terms of region, the global translucent roofing market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of translucent roofing globally. Rising number of commercial and industrial applications for translucent roofing in the region is expected to drive the demand for translucent roofing market during the forecast period. Most demand in the region is expected to originate from countries such as China, India, Vietnam, South Korea, Australia, and Indonesia. Leading applications in the region include warehouses, chemical plants, fertilizer plants, poultry and animal sheds, effluent tank cladding, and schools. Expansion of residential and non-residential construction sectors in the region is likely to fuel the demand for translucent roofing during the forecast period.
- Demand for translucent roofing in North America and Europe is rising at a significant pace, particularly in residential applications, due to rising awareness among people regarding natural sunlight. A large number of people in the region prefer having sunlight without the harmful effects of UV radiation. Translucent roofing helps immensely in achieving this, it filters out the UV radiation and can transmit around 80% of the sunlight and illuminate enclosed spaces.
- Demand for translucent roofing in Latin American and Middle East & Africa is majorly from the non-residential construction sector. Demand from these regions is anticipated to rise at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Translucent Roofing Market here
Key players operating in the translucent roofing market
Key players operating in the translucent roofing market include
Global Translucent Roofing Market: Research Scope
Global Translucent Roofing Market, by Product
- Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Tiles
- Polycarbonate Sheets
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Sheets
- Polymethamthacrylate (PMMA) Sheets
- Polypropylene (PP) Sheets
Global Translucent Roofing Market, by Application
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.