Translucent Roofing Market: Introduction
- Translucent roofing was primarily developed to resist ultra-violet rays and air pollutants and preventing the roofing from turning yellow or the roofing material from degrading.
- A variety of materials such as fiber reinforced plastic, polycarbonate, polyethylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, and polypropylene are used to produce translucent roofing. These materials can be utilized in the form of tiles or sheets for roofing.
- Translucent roofing provides long-term high quality natural light transmission without embrittlement of the materials. They provide improved aesthetics, clarity, and strength to the roofing.
- Translucent roofing is an excellent choice of roofing materials in areas where proper lighting is required along with UV protection. Some areas where translucent roofing can be used are schools, public areas, kindergarten, commercial, industrial, and institutional spaces.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Need for translucent roofing
- Translucent roofing is employed to permit light into enclosed spaces without permitting ultra-violet rays to enter, which are the main cause of heat. Therefore, this roofing helps illuminate spaces without heating them up.
- Heat and light transmission through roofs and windows needs to be regulated, as light rays other than visible light, such as ultra violet and infra-red, are harmful to humans. They are responsible for harmful skin diseases and cancer.
- Buildup of infrared rays and ultraviolet rays also traps energy in the form of heat in the enclosed spaces causing them to heat up. These issues can be prevented with the use of translucent roofing.
- Moreover, translucent roofing are also available in various shades and tints that make them esthetically appealing and hence, they are also used for decorative purposes.
Key drivers of translucent roofing market
- The translucent roofing market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Expansion of construction and infrastructure industries, globally, is a key factor driving the market. Demand is rising due to the desirable properties of translucent roofing.
- Rise is demand is likely to be concentrated in Asia Pacific, which is experiencing rapid rise in building and infrastructure development. Rising investments in building and construction sectors in China, India, and South Korea is likely to propel the translucent roofing market during the forecast period.
- The construction sector in the U.S. and Brazil is also anticipated to expand during the forecast period, which in turn is likely to boost the demand for translucent roofing between 2019 and 2027.
Fiber reinforced plastic (FRP) tiles to be the dominant segment of the global translucent roofing market
- Fiber reinforced plastic (FRP) tiles are the most common choice of material that is used for translucent roofing, as these tiles are anti-corrosive and possess high strength.
- Polycarbonate sheets are the other prominent type of material used for translucent roofing. Polycarbonate sheets possess excellent shock and fracture resistance and are easy to blend. Moreover, they are much lighter as compared to glass roofing and are good insulators and hence, don’t transmit heat readily. They have excellent UV protection and the color does not fade away easily. These sheets are also shatter proof and hence, possess advantage over glass roofing.
- Translucent roofing can be used for residential, commercial, as well and industrial applications. Commercial and institutional sectors are the leading users of translucent sheets, as these sheets are extensively employed for esthetics purposes or to provide natural lighting to enclosed areas.
Asia Pacific expected to hold the leading share of global translucent roofing market
- In terms of region, the global translucent roofing market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of translucent roofing globally. Rising number of commercial and industrial applications for translucent roofing in the region is expected to drive the demand for translucent roofing market during the forecast period. Most demand in the region is expected to originate from countries such as China, India, Vietnam, South Korea, Australia, and Indonesia. Leading applications in the region include warehouses, chemical plants, fertilizer plants, poultry and animal sheds, effluent tank cladding, and schools. Expansion of residential and non-residential construction sectors in the region is likely to fuel the demand for translucent roofing during the forecast period.
- Demand for translucent roofing in North America and Europe is rising at a significant pace, particularly in residential applications, due to rising awareness among people regarding natural sunlight. A large number of people in the region prefer having sunlight without the harmful effects of UV radiation. Translucent roofing helps immensely in achieving this, it filters out the UV radiation and can transmit around 80% of the sunlight and illuminate enclosed spaces.
- Demand for translucent roofing in Latin American and Middle East & Africa is majorly from the non-residential construction sector. Demand from these regions is anticipated to rise at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Translucent Roofing Market here
Key players operating in the translucent roofing market
Key players operating in the translucent roofing market include
Global Translucent Roofing Market: Research Scope
Global Translucent Roofing Market, by Product
- Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Tiles
- Polycarbonate Sheets
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Sheets
- Polymethamthacrylate (PMMA) Sheets
- Polypropylene (PP) Sheets
Global Translucent Roofing Market, by Application
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.