Train Lighting Market – Internal and External Lighting Components of Trains
- Trains are one of the highly preferred modes of commute, and also a rapidly evolving technology
- The locomotive manufacturing industry, during the recent past, experienced noteworthy growth in the trend of consolidation. This was owing to the escalating competition in the market that enforced the market players to reposition themselves either by exiting the industry or by upgrading their position with the help of external growth.
- This competitive pressure realized by locomotive manufacturers across the globe was one of the key factors contributing to the increase in development of new products and integrated solutions for the locomotive industry
- The dynamic nature of the locomotive manufacturing industry is, therefore, anticipated to significantly increase the demand for train lightings, thus driving its market during the forecast period
Rise in Government Investments to Drive Global Train Lighting Market
- The railway sector significantly contributes to the global public transportation system, and owing to this, governments across the globe are making substantial investment in enhancement of the locomotive transportation. Furthermore, bolstering urban population and transforming traveling preferences worldwide are expected to increase the demand for faster public transport, further encouraging investments in large-scale development of rail transport infrastructure, including bullet trains and high speed trains. This, in turn, is expected to drive the train lighting market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Emergence of Smart Trains to Create Growth Opportunity for Train Lighting Market
- In the next few years, the advent of advanced connectivity technology is expected to significantly influence the locomotive transportation industry, resulting in production of trains integrated with advanced technology, thereby generating demand for train lights compatible with future technologies
Relatively Longer Production Cycle of Trains Might Hinder Train Lighting Market
- Production of trains is a long-term process, and with the rapid pace in technological advancement it might become challenging for the companies in the train lighting value chain to simultaneously cope up with technological advancement, pilot deployment, and real time production of trains. This is likely to mitigate the market growth during the forecast period. However, the impact of this restraint is expected to remain moderately low.
North America to Hold Leading Share of Global Train Lighting Market
- Geographically, the global train lighting market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country-level analysis of North America region features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the train lighting market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the train lighting market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The train lighting market in South America is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific dominated the market in 2018 due to advancements in the railway technology and presence of widespread railway network which has increased global sales of train lighting
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a fastest CAGR, followed by North America and Europe during the forecast period. Rapid development in metro rail technology and high speed train projects in Japan are the key factors contributing to the growth of the market in Asia Pacific region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Train Lighting Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Train Lighting Market:
The train lighting market is highly competitive with several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies, such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to enhance their position in the market.
Companies are expanding their business across different regions to cater to the demand of consumers. For instance, In March 2019, the Technoware Oy acquired English Invertech Ltd. in order to increase its train and bus product offerings globally. Companies in the market are focusing on consolidation to gain leadership. A few of the key players operating in the global train lighting market are:
- Technoware Oy.
- LPA Group Plc.
- Federal-Mogul Corporation
- OSRAM Sylvania Inc.
- General Electric Company
- KOITO MANUFACTURING CO., LTD.
- Eiko Global, LLC
- KST Lighting
- Nora lighting
- DRaXLMAIER Group
Global Train Lighting Market: Research Scope
Global Train Lighting Market, by Lighting Type
Global Train Lighting Market, by Rolling Stock
- Freight Train
- Metro Train
- Passenger Train
Global Train Lighting Market, by Application
- Ceiling Lights
- Cabin Lights
- Emergency Lights
- Door Lights
- Exterior Lights
- Train Headlights
- Train Tail Lights
- Indicator Lights
Global Train Lighting Market, by Distribution Channel
- Aftermarket Sales
The report on the global train lighting market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.