Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) Market: Introduction
- Traffic jam assist (TJA) system is a combination of various functions consisting of adaptive cruise control system, auto-go capability and lane-keeping assists system, and vehicle cameras that help the vehicle driver in heavy congestion or traffic situation. In traffic jams, the vehicle automatically takes over driving, acceleration, braking, and steering within the same lane with the help of traffic assist system and helps avoid rear-end collisions in dense traffic and traffic jams. Increasing road accidents across the globe is a major factor fuelling the traffic jam assist systems market, globally.
Key Drivers of Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) Market
- Mandatory safety regulations enacted by governments and regulatory authorities in order enhance safety of vehicle occupants are expected to propel the global traffic jam assist (TJA) market. Traffic jam assist (TJA) is a safety system that is deployed in modern vehicles in order to reduce rate of road accidents. Majority of vehicle collisions occur due to human error. The traffic jam assist system eliminates these errors through computation and artificial intelligence in the vehicle.
- Advancements in vehicle safety technologies are expected to drive the global traffic jam assist (TJA) market. For instance, Volvo Motor has developed Adaptive Cruise Control system that uses a combination of a cameras and radar to maintain a safe, set distance behind the car in front and Lane Keeping Aid system, which uses a network of cameras and sensors to keep the car centered within its lane. These technologies coupled together are the basic working principles behind Volvo’s Traffic Jan Assist system.
- Robert Bosch GmbH has developed the traffic jam assist system as a comfort system that is suitable for installation in automated vehicles. The Robert Bosch traffic jam assist system takes over the longitudinal and lateral guidance of the vehicle, automatically, to reduce front-end and rear-end vehicle collisions.
- Increase in preference for driver assistance system (DAS) coupled with mandatory installation of DAS owing to government safety regulations is driving the global traffic jam assist (TJA) market. Mandatory installation of driver assistance systems are propelling the use of traffic jam assist (TJA) technology at a rapid pace in several countries across the globe including the U.S., Germany, Norway, France, Italy, China, Japan and the U.K.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) Market: Restraint
- TJA systems are expensive to integrate and repair in case of damage or failure. In terms of aftermarket, the retrofit of the TJA systems in existing vehicles is complex and requires skilled labor, which further increases the cost of the system. Therefore, the high initial cost and complex retrofit process are expected to hamper the traffic jam assist (TJA) market during the forecast period.
- Disruptions in supply chain catering to the automobile industry, owing to the shutdown of production and manufacturing facilities caused by the coronavirus pandemic across the world, is estimated to contract the market in 2020-2021. Consequently, the coronavirus pandemic has hampered the global traffic jam assist (TJA) market.
- The market is anticipated to recover by increasing production volume of vehicle components as well as vehicles in 2021. This, in turn, is projected to offer lucrative opportunity to players operating in the supply chain of the traffic jam assist (TJA) market during the forecast period.
North America and Europe combined to account for notable share of global traffic jam assist (TJA) market
- In terms of region, the global traffic jam assist (TJA) market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- North America and Europe have presence of economically stable countries. These regions are also home to technologically advanced research institutes catering to the development of vehicle safety technologies. Additionally, major automakers and aftermarket players have established their technological centers and manufacturing facilities in various countries in these regions including the U.S., Germany, the U.K., and France.
- The traffic jam assist (TJA) market in North America and Europe region is expected to expand significantly owing to an increase in adoption of active safety systems in passenger and commercial vehicles such as adaptive cruise control and lane keep systems due to stringent governmental regulations regarding road safety in these regions
Key Players Operating in Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) Market
The global traffic jam assist (TJA) market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global traffic jam assist (TJA) market are:
- AUDI AG
- Automotive Group.
- BMW UK
- Continental AG
- Delphi Technologies,
- ENSO CORPORATION
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- HYUNDAI MOBIS
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Magna International Inc.
- NVIDIA Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- SEAT, S.A.
- ŠKODA AUTO
- The Ford Motor Company
- Valeo SA
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) Market, Request for a Sample
Global Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) Market: Research Scope
Global Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) Market, by Propulsion
- Battery Electric
Global Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) Market, by Vehicle Type
- Sports Utility Vehicle
Global Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) Market, by Component
- Automotive Cameras
- Ultrasonic Sensors
Global Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) Market, by Automation Level
- Level 2
- Level 3
Global Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) Market, by System Type
- Lane Tracking System
- Adaptive Cruise Control System
- Vehicle Detection and Collision Avoidance System
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.