Global Trading Software Market - Introduction
- A trading software or platform facilitates the trading as well as analysis of financial products that includes stocks, futures, options, or currencies. Additionally, brokerage or trading firms provide their clients or customers with trading software to place trades and manage their trading accounts.
Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the Trading Software Market
Lockdowns across major regions (Europe, Asia, and North America) due to an increase in the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), has a negative impact on the trading software market. Due to this pandemic situation, economies across the globe started shrinking and growth is declining. Countries ceasing almost all economic activities and shutting down businesses like stock market, etc.
Continuously Expanding Retail Trading Sector Driving the Global Trading Software Market
- The global retail trading sector continues to expand, creating new opportunities for the trading software market. In addition, the retail trading sector is generating demand for technologically advanced trading software that are upgraded and updated regularly. The upgrades and updates are crucial because trading software is vulnerable to reverse engineering by competitors. For instance, the Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is planning to introduce strategic guidelines regarding the contribution of retail shareholders to trading software.
- According to SEBI, some of the major trading software providers are still not involved in developing trading software tools for retail investors due to lack of rules. Thus, the new guidelines are also anticipated to drive the trading software market in the near future.
- The percentage of retail investors adopting trading software solutions in order to carry out trading in the stock market is rising steadily and is expected to increase at a higher rate during the forecast period.
- Retail traders are extensively focused on adopting cloud-based trading solutions and platforms, as they help in maximizing resources, minimizing costs, and increasing productivity. This results in remarkable output of their trading activities.
- Therefore, a continuously expanding retail trading sector worldwide is driving the trading software market.
Stringent Regulatory Guidelines for Trading Practices Expected to Hamper the Market
- Worldwide, major financial service sectors have established their own regulations related to trading practices such as algorithmic trading and high frequency trading (HFT). Furthermore, regulators have taken several steps to increase their regulatory authority over automated trading activities. These regulatory activities set stringent regulations on automated trading practices, with the aim to reduce the market disorder when multiple fast exchange orders happen within a day. For instance, the regulatory environment for trading practices such as algorithmic trading and high frequency trading (HFT) are not favorable in some of the major countries such as China.
- Therefore, stringent regulatory guidelines for trading practices is expected to hamper the trading software market worldwide.
North America to Account for Major Share of the Global Trading Software Market
- In terms of region, the global trading software market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global trading software market during the forecast period due to presence of leading players and robust performance of global trade in the region, indicating potential growth of the market in the region. Europe is expected to be the second largest market for trading software from 2020 to 2030.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly growing market for trading software during the forecast period due to growing implementation of cloud-based trading software across various industry verticals such as retail and energy, specifically in India, Japan, and China.
Key Players Operating in the Global Trading Software Market Include:
- Ally Financial, Inc.
- Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
- Coddle Technologies
- E*TRADE Financial Corporation
- Interactive Brokers LLC
- Intercontinental Exchange, Inc.
- Lime Brokerage LLC (LightSpeed)
- Lumentrades, Inc.
- NinjaTrader Group, LLC
- Sharekhan & BNP Paribas Financial Services Ltd.
- TD Ameritrade, Inc.
- Trade Smart Online
- TradeStation Group, Inc.
Global Trading Software Market: Research Scope
Global Trading Software Market, by Solutions
- Consulting & Integration
- Support & Maintenance
Global Trading Software Market, by Software Deployment
Global Trading Software Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small and Medium Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
Global Trading Software Market, by End-user
- Transportation & logistics
- Others (Manufacturing, etc.)
Global Trading Software Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!