Trackball is a kind of input device which is used to enter motion data into computer or other electronic device. It also serves the same purpose as like a regular mouse, but it is developed and designed with a moveable ball on its top, which can be easily rolled in any path. Instead of moving the whole mouse, by simply rolling the moveable ball on top of the trackball unit using hand or palm helps to generate motion input. The growth of trackball market is highly reliant on the growth of overall motion device market globally.
For purpose of in depth analysis, the trackball market has been segmented on the basis of product types, specifications, applications and geography. Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into two types they are like serial interfaces transmit data one bit at a time and parallel transmission transmitting multiple bits simultaneously. Based on the specifications, the market has been segmented mainly into three types they are like devices are being configured for use with only the right hand, only the left hand, or either the right or left hand. Various types of applications of trackball include application in security system, kiosk, pos, audio or video equipment among others. Moreover, this report also provide cross functional analysis of all the above mentioned segment across different regions such as Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and Latin America.
Increasing demand of trackball mouse for the ergonomic advantages which gives the opportunity for safe and easy computer usage and less fatigue for performing some specific tasks is one of the major growth driver for the trackball market.Facilities like extra precision and control which enables precise and fluid movement and control of the mouse for some specific applications like pos or kiosk is also acting as a key growth driver for the trackball market. Therefore, smaller footprints and an easy usage without any requirement of flat space as compared to regular mouse is the main factor anticipated to catalyse the growing demand of different types of trackball mouse during the forecast period from 2017 to 2025. In addition, controlling the trackball mouse using thumb, palm or finger does give the user option to use the mouse according to his or her convenience in turn this advantage is also anticipated to increase the demand of trackballs in the upcoming years. In turn this is also projected to affect the trackball market in a positive manner during the forecast period.
Inspite of many driving factors, the trackball market is expected to show a shrink and fluctuation in growth rate because of its control limitations on some simple activities like cut & paste, click & drag than compared to regular mouse. Physical limitations like the larger size of the trackball and higher cost of the device because of lack of manufacturers are the main restraining factors for the global trackball market. The growing demand for trackball mouse for certain applications like computer aided design and gaming which requires extra precision is going to create significant opportunity for trackball mouse in coming years.
By type of products, the and parallel transmission type held the largest market share because of its capability of transmitting multiple bits simultaneously and it also includes GPIB which is known as general purpose interface bus . Parallel transmission type is expected to dominate the market in coming years because of its growing usage in marine, military, medical and telecommunications applications.
Geographically, the global trackball market is mainly driven by North America region. Growing demand of trackball mouses for different applications like security system and audio & video equipment is driving the market of North America region. This region is expected to maintain its dominance in the market during the forecast period owing to the presence of higher number of trackball mouse manufacturers in country like the U.S.
Some of the leading players operating in the trackball market includes Grayhill, Inc (The U.S.),Keystone Electronics(The U.S.),3M (The U.S.) ,Storm Interface (The U.K.),Logitech (Switzerland), among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.