Tow Bar: Introduction
- A tow bar is a device attached to the chassis of a vehicle so that it can be pulled by another vehicle or power source. The tow bar is designed to enables proper load distribution and swiveling of the towed vehicle.
- Rise in disposable income and consumer demand for off-road and touring activities is projected to boost the demand for tow bar globally
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Tow Bar Market
- Government mandates, such as regulation (EU) No 1005/2010, requires all motor vehicles to be fitted with towing device such as tow bar. Adoption of such regulations worldwide is expected to drive the global tow bar market.
- Rising roadside assistance services and demand for towing is boosting the demand for the tow bar. Increased number of vehicles on road and high-speed engines have driven the number of accidents, thereby spurring the need for tow bar.
- Sales of electric vehicles are rising rapidly, globally, and these vehicles often require towing in case of breakdown, as there is very little scope of on-spot repair. Consequently, increased demand for electric vehicles is expected to drive the tow bar market.
- Emergence of electric foldable tow bar, offered by automakers such as BMW AG, is a key trend witnessed in the tow market. Rising electrification trend and consumer demand for automatic vehicles systems is boosting the demand for tow bar.
- Increasing stringency in safety regulation is prompting tow bar manufacturers to develop tow bar that are capable of withstanding higher forces and are able to bear or haul more vehicle mass
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Foldable tow bar segment to expand significantly
- Fixed tow bar are cost-effective and extensively used. The foldable tow bar segment is anticipated to expand significantly due to its robust nature. Electrically operated foldable tow bar are being adopted in premium vehicles. Rise in sales of premium vehicles is anticipated to boost the demand for foldable tow bar.
Passenger vehicles to witness significant demand
- Passenger vehicles, such as light-duty trucks and SUVs, contribute toward the high demand for tow bar. In North America, trucks manufactured by General Motors and Ford are widely used in off-road activities and hence, contribute significantly to the demand for tow bar.
OEM to hold leading share of global market
- Majority of vehicles contain OE standard fitted tow bar and hence, the OEM segment holds the leading share of the market. Tow Bar are easily available and can be installed in the aftermarket and consequently, the aftermarket segment also holds a significant share of the tow bar market. Rising demand for vehicle accessories and advent of e-commerce have boosted the sales of tow bar.
Asia Pacific to lead global tow bar market
- In terms of region, the global tow bar market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a highest growth rate owing to rising domestic demand for vehicles for off-roading and touring purposes in the region. Rising consumer preference for SUVs and light-duty trucks is projected to boost the tow bar market in Asia Pacific.
Europe and North America together held a dominating share of the global tow bar market. High disposable income in these regions coupled with a high demand for eco-tourism, adventure, and use of caravans and motorhomes has resulted in high demand for tow bar in Europe and North America.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Two Bars Market, ask for a customized report
Key manufacturers operating in global market
The global tow bar market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Bosal International
- Brink Group BV
- Horizon Global Corp
- CURT Manufacturing
- North Shore TowBar
- PCT Automotive Ltd.
- McCabe TowBar
- David Murphy Towing
- Camex Automotive
Global Tow Bar Market, by Tow Bar Type
- Swan Neck
Global Tow Bar Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicles
Global Tow Bar Market, by Sales Channel
Global Tow Bar Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.