Toll Management Systems Market - Introduction
- Toll management systems are used in tool booths to manage number plate scanning, vehicle identification, automatic toll collection etc.
- Toll booths are generally located in remote locations; hence, allocation of human resources is difficult in these places. Toll management systems are therefore used to carry out the operations and functioning of the toll booth in the absence of human resources.
- Toll management system is an advanced technology meant for automatic toll collection without needing the driver to stop. It uses modern technological solutions such as GPS, GNSS, & DSRC, tracking and toll collection solutions, and video analytics to efficiently manage traffic in highly crowded areas. Thus, the toll management is simplified by the toll management systems.
Increasing regulatory compliance increasing the adoption of toll management systems
- Toll management systems are an economical substitute to a supervised booth, as it decreases transactional expenses for government organizations.
- Strict regulatory compliance related to traffic in various countries requires systems that are in line with these mandates.
- Moreover, real time information of the vehicle, and automatic number plate recognition offered by these systems is increasing the adoption of toll management systems.
Increasing number of vehicles increasing the need for toll management systems
- Significant increase in population worldwide is increasing the number of vehicles on roads. Traffic congestion increases as the number of vehicles increases. This generates the need for an efficient toll management system.
- The toll management system helps in managing tool booths efficiently without any human intervention even during high traffic periods.
- Increase in adoption of electronic toll management systems in developing regions such as China, India, and Indonesia, and stringent government regulations related to installing electronic toll collection are anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities for market expansion.
- Also, it leads to lower possibility of errors as compared to manual collection and representation of the vehicle data.
- However, the higher integration and maintenance cost associated with toll management systems are expected to have a negative impact on the toll management system market. The complete automation of toll booths is not feasible in some countries of Asia Pacific due to poor management of traffic and lax rules. Hence, the implementation of toll management systems in such regions may not be effective.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Europe Expected to Hold Major Share of the Global Toll Management Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global toll management systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Europe is expected to hold major share of the global toll management systems market due to increasing advancement of technology and enhanced customer experience applications in toll management systems.
Global Toll Management Systems Market- Competitive Landscape
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Toll Management Systems Market”
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
- Kapsch Group
- Thales Group
- Toshiba Corporation
- Conduent LLC
- Siemens AG
- TransCore LP
- Cubic Transportation
- Perceptics LLC
- EFKON GmbH
Global Toll Management Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Toll Management Systems Market, by Component
- On premise
Global Toll Management Systems Market, by Technology
- Video Analytics
- Radio-frequency Identification (RFID)
- Dedicated Short-range Communication (DSRC)
- GNSS & GPS
Global Toll Management Systems Market, by Application
Global Toll Management Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Automatic number plate recognition (ANPR)
- Electronic toll
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.