Titanium Dioxide Nanomaterials: Introduction
- Titanium dioxide nanoparticle, also known as ultrafine titanium dioxide or nanocrystalline titanium dioxide or microcrystalline titanium dioxide, is a particle of titanium dioxide (TiO2) with diameter less than 100 nm.. The nanoparticles of titanium dioxide are approx. 100 times finer than the titanium dioxide pigments particles. Titanium dioxide nanoparticles are extensively used as pigments in various applications including sunscreens, ointments, paints, and toothpastes. Constant research and development has led to emergence of many potential applications of titanium dioxide nanomaterials in areas including photovoltaic, photocatalysis, electrochromics, and sensors.
- Research on titanium dioxide nanomaterials gained significant traction with the advent of nanotechnology. The manufacture of titanium dioxide nanomaterials entails a low-cost simple production process. Titanium dioxide nanomaterials are used in various industrial sectors. They are largely employed in skincare applications and cosmetics, paints, photovoltaics, and electrochromics. Furthermore, new physical and chemical properties are known to emerge as the size of the material becomes smaller. This is expected to boost the demand for titanium dioxide nanomaterials in the near future.
- Titanium dioxide is versatile owing to its various forms and sizes. Demand for titanium dioxides that are being used in the form of micro-scale pigments or nano-objects has been rising, owing to their usage in a wide range of applications
- Titanium dioxide nanomaterials are used as additives that are further employed to protect surfaces against bacteria and microbial deterioration and chemical corrosion. They are largely used as white pigments, owing to their strong light scattering and high incident light reflection index. Additionally, silver doped titanium dioxide nanomaterials are extensively employed in marine antifouling, especially while exploring underwater sites, as they prevent metal hull corrosion.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Titanium Dioxide Nanomaterials Market
- Titanium dioxide nanomaterials are widely used white pigment materials in the paints & coatings industry, owing to their UV absorption and photocatalytic sterilizing properties. They are primarily employed in the coatings industry, as they efficiently scatter visible light, thereby imparting whiteness, brightness, and opacity when incorporated into coatings. Titanium dioxide nanomaterial products are sometimes coated with silica and alumina and doped with another metal for specific applications in the coatings industry. Thus, increase in demand for titanium dioxide nanomaterials in the paints & coatings industry is expected to boost the global titanium dioxide nanomaterials market during the forecast period.
- Nanomaterials are primarily used in the cosmetics industry, as they provide enhanced performance and produce esthetically pleasing results, such as smooth skin surface and glowing complexion. Nanoparticles offer potential benefits in the ultrafine form in products such as moisturizers and sunscreen. Thus, high demand for titanium dioxide nanomaterials in the cosmetic & personal care sector is estimated to drive the global titanium dioxide nanomaterials market in the near future. However, these materials are closely associated with complex diseases. They have also been found to be toxic to plants and small organisms. This is estimated to hamper the market. Furthermore, increase in government regulations on the usage of these materials is projected to adversely affect the titanium dioxide nanomaterials market in the near future.
Global Titanium Dioxide Nanomaterials Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global titanium dioxide nanomaterials market can be segmented into paints & coatings, cosmetic & personal care, paper & ink, catalysts, and others
- The paints & coatings segment is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to the rise in building & construction activities and growth in the automotive sector across the globe
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Covid-19 Impact on Titanium Dioxide Nanomaterials Market
- COVID-19 has adversely impacted the global economy in three major ways: decrease in production and demand, disruption of supply chain, and adverse financial impact on firms and financial markets
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a swift and severe negative impact on globally integrated industries such as the paints & coatings and cosmetic & personal care by hampering the supply chain. It is expected to negatively impact manufacturing, distribution, and supply of titanium dioxide nanomaterials in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Titanium Dioxide Nanomaterials Market
- In terms of region, the global titanium dioxide nanomaterials market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global titanium dioxide nanomaterials market during the forecast period, as the building & construction industry in the region, primarily in major economies such as China, India, and other ASEAN countries, has been expanding at a rapid pace
- North America is anticipated to be a key region of the global titanium dioxide nanomaterials market, as demand for cosmetics in the region has been increasing at a rapid pace. Growth in per capita disposable income of the people is also boosting the demand for cosmetics. In turn, this is projected to fuel the titanium dioxide nanomaterials market in North America in the near future.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Titanium Dioxide Nanomaterials Market
The global titanium dioxide nanomaterials market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global titanium dioxide nanomaterials market include:
- ACS Material
- Altair Nanomaterials
- American Elements
- Shanghai Xiaoxiang Chemicals Co
- Sigma Aldrich
- US Research Nanomaterials
- Xuancheng Jinguri New Material
Global Titanium Dioxide Nanomaterials Market: Research Scope
Global Titanium Dioxide Nanomaterials Market, by Type
- Rutile Nanoparticles
- Anatase Nanoparticles
- Combination of Rutile & Anatase Nanoparticles
- Nanowires & Nanotubes
Other Types Global Titanium Dioxide Nanomaterials Market, by Application
- Paints & Coatings
- Cosmetic & Personal Care
- Paper & Ink
Global Titanium Dioxide Nanomaterials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.