Timing Devices are instruments which are used for the purpose of measuring the elapsed time intervals in segments like hour, minute, second and fraction of second. Small timing devices are being manufactured as pocket instruments and wrist instruments, typically with the mechanical movements and in terms of hands to display the elapsed time. Large timing devices are being manufactured in the medium of table and the panel-mounted units, which includes demonstrational timers. Timing devices are actually electrically powered with a kind of digital display. Like the clocks and the watches, timers do have a basic pattern of mechanical, electrical and electronic movement which is used for the purpose of measuring time. They do have a special type of mechanism for the purpose of starting, ending and resetting the indicator hand, which allows the measurement of the elapsed time intervals.
For purpose of doing in depth analysis, the Timing Devices Market has been segmented on the basis of product types, material, end user and geography. Based on the product types the market has been segmented mainly into five types; they are like oscillators, resonators, clock generators, clock buffers and jitter attenuators. By material the Timing Devices Market has been segmented mainly into three types they are like crystal, ceramic and silicon types. By end user the market has been segmented mainly into six types they are like automotive, industrial, healthcare, consumer electronics among others. Moreover, this report also provide cross functional analysis of all the above mentioned segments across different regions such as Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and Latin America.
Some of the key factors which is responsible for the growth of this market is the growing demand for the oscillators and the increasing spending on the oscillators in consumer electronics, automotive and industrial segment. Increased adoption of timing ICs in smartphones and tablets are also one of the major reason for driving the demand for this market. Thus, the continuously growing need for the microwave components in both the military and the civilian radar and in different communication applications is the main factor estimated to act as a catalyst for the demand of various types of Timing devices during the forecast period from 2017 to 2025. In addition to that rapid growth of usage in the shipboard radar is also anticipated to increase the demand of Timing ICs in the upcoming years. In turn this is also expected to affect the Timing Devices market in a positive manner during the forecasted period of 2017-2025.
Cyclical nature of the semiconductor industry is acting as a restraining factor for the Timing Devices market from achieving its full potential. The biggest challenge that MEMS Oscillators are facing that they synthesize the output frequency from a few MEMS resonator designs only .The presence of a PLL in between the MEMS resonator and the output does not actually generate a good quality signal as the quartz based design. This is acting as a restraining factor in the growth of Timing Devices market.
By type of products, oscillators held the largest market share because of its growing usage in portable electronics and wearable electronics. However, resonators is projected to achieve exponential growth during the forecast period. Miniaturization of electronic devices and growing demand for the semiconductor clocks in wearable devices makes it the most appropriate choice for various end user segments.
Geographically, the Timing Devices market is being primarily driven by Asia Pacific region. Rising demand of Timing ICs in automotive and consumer electronics industry is driving the Asia Pacific region. Rapidly growing demand of MEMS and Crystal Oscillators in broadcast transmitters and mobile phones is expected to drive the Timing Devices market rapidly. This region is anticipated to maintain its dominance in the market during the forecasted period from 2017-2025 owing to the presence of huge number of consumer electronics equipment manufacturers in countries like China, South Korea and Japan among others.
Some of the leading players operating in the Timing Devices market includes Texas Instruments Incorporated (The U.S.), Asahi Kasei Corporation (Japan), Rakon Limited (New Zealand) , Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (The U.S.), IQD Frequency Products Ltd. (The U.K.), TXC Corporation (Taiwan). SEIKO Epson Corporation (Japan) among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.