Global Timber Harvesting Equipment Market: Overview
The global timber harvesting equipment market has grown steadily over the past few years due to the convenience it provides in producing timber logs. Timber harvesting equipment is the most commonly used equipment which helps in producing an ample number of logs of timber. Moreover, such mechanized equipment aid in producing several cleaner logs directly from the tree with minimum human effort. However, over the period of time, the global timber harvesting equipment has experienced rapid growth in terms of technological advancements and innovation, which has resulted in reduction of manual labor on producing timber logs. Such USPs are majorly fueling growth in the global timber harvesting equipment market.
From the perspective of product types, the global timber harvesting equipment market is segmented into harvesters, chainsaws, forwarders, feller bunches, and skidders. Among all these products, the chainsaw segment accounts for the major share and is expected to dominate the global timber harvesting equipment market during the forecast period. This is because of its numerous advantages ranging from low costs, low versatility and maintenance to availability. All such advantages are majorly driving the global timber harvesting equipment market.
Global Timber Harvesting Equipment Market: Notable Developments
Some of the key developments help in contouring the shape of the global timber harvesting equipment market in a big way include:
- In October 2017, one of the renowned companies, Logset Oyj had launched an advanced technology, which was known as T-Winch to harvest on steep slopes. The weight distribution on the steep slopes between the eight wheels is almost uneven. Therefore, T-Winch is used for great assistance.
- Recently, the market players are adjusting the timber harvesting equipment settings in such a way so that it reduces fuel consumption as well as carbon emissions. Such potential savings may amount to approximately 50 million liters of diesel annually.
Key players operating in the global timber harvesting equipment market include Caterpiller Inc, Volvo AB, Deere and Company, and Ponsse Oyj.
Global Timber Harvesting Equipment Market: Key Growth Drivers
Several manufacturers in the global timber harvesting equipment market are focusing on incorporating GPS machine control systems in manufacturing and designing of feller bunchers, backhoe loaders, forwarders, and harvesters. Integration of such advanced systems in the timber harvesting equipment helps in improving efficiency as well as provides users with the facility to work from office. All such benefits are also propelling expansion in the global timber harvesting equipment market. Along with this, through minimizing material wastage and reducing the requirement for re-work, advanced GPS technology can also aid improve the operational sustainability. Such factors are also providing impetus to the growth of the global timber harvesting equipment market.
Furthermore, rapid urbanization and soaring demand for harvesting timber are also fueling demand in the global timber harvesting equipment market. Along with this, rapid technological advancements and facility in leasing the equipment are also providing lucrative opportunities in the global timber harvesting equipment market.
Global Timber Harvesting Equipment Market: Regional Outlook
On the regional front, North America and Europe together held a major market share in 2016. Therefore, these are the dominating regions in the global timber harvesting equipment market. This is because of the rapid establishment of several companies and high investments in modern technologies in these regions. Along with this, rapid industrialization and surging demand for timber logs in several work are also responsible for fueling growth in the timber harvesting equipment market in such regions.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.