Tile Backer Board: Introduction
- Tile backer boards are used to waterproof fix walls or floor tiles. These boards provide excellent heat insulation for underfloor heating systems. They also protect the floor from absorbing water. Tile backer boards protect from adhesion, and improve the bond between walls and tiles.
- Tile backer boards are widely used in the construction industry. They are also utilized in domestic housing needs as well as commercial building construction, owing to their various physical properties such as decay and fire resistance, and dimensional stability. These bords also provide good mechanical properties.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Global Tile Backer Board Market
- The global tile backer board market is expanding at a rapid pace, due to the rise in usage of these boards as building panels. These boards can also be employed to create bonded waterproofing assemblies with tile coverings, owing to their durable, water resistant, and waterproof nature. Furthermore, growth in spending on construction, specifically in new housing, is expected to boost the demand for tile backer boards. Rapid growth of the housing sector is another factor anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period.
- In terms of volume, the global construction sector is expected to reach US$ 15.5 Trn by 2030. Currently, China, the U.S., and India account for 57.0% share of the global construction sector. The construction sector in the U.S. is estimated to expand at a faster pace than that in China in the next 15 years. The construction sector in southern states of the country is projected to expand at a prominent pace during the forecast period.
- China’s share in the global construction sector is likely to increase marginally by 2030. The construction sector in Brazil is expected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, leading to rise in demand for construction in the longer term. Thus, rise in construction activities is anticipated to boost the residential and non-residential sectors in the near future. This, in turn, is estimated to augment the demand for tile backer boards during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Residential Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of application, the residential segment accounted for major share of the global tile backer board market in 2018. Tile backer boards are used to waterproof fix walls or floor tiles in the residential sector.
- Tile backer boards are ideal for usage on plasterboard and plywood surfaces. These boards also offer excellent sound insulation properties, which reduce the need for a jigsaw. Tile backer boards are versatile, strong & durable, rot proof, light weight and cost effective. These are other benefits associated with tile backer boards.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Tile Backer Board Market
- Asia Pacific constituted major share of the global tile backer board market in 2018. The region is projected to remain highly lucrative during the forecast period, due to rapid industrialization and rise in demand for tile backer boards in the building & construction sector in the region.
- The construction sector in India is anticipated to expand almost twice as fast as that in China in the near future. The urban population in the country is expected to increase to 165 million by 2030, with the population of New Delhi rising by 10.4 million people during the period. This is also estimated to drive the tile backer board market during the forecast period.
Key Players in Global Market
Key players operating in the global tile backer board market include:
- James Hardie Building Products Inc.
- Georgia-Pacific Wood Products LLC
- wedi GmbH
- USG Corporation
- Johns Manville
- National Gypsum
- Cembrit Holding A/S
- Schluter Systems
Global Tile Backer Board Market: Research Scope
Global Tile Backer Board Market, by Size
- 1/4 Board
- 3/8 Board
- 1/2 Board
- 5/8 Board
Global Tile Backer Board Market, by Form
- Heavy Duty Cement Fiber Boards
- Lightweight Cement Coated Foam Boards
Global Tile Backer Board Market, by Application
Global Tile Backer Board Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.