Global Ticket Paper Market Overview
Ticket paper is a type of security paper used by organizations to prevent frauds and identify the genuine customers of a ticket. Other than transport and events, vehicle parking systems, baggage counters and large food courts are the other prominent consumers of ticket paper. Nippon Paper Group, Mitsubishi HiTec Paper Europe GmbH and International Paper Company are some of the globally known companies engaged in the production of ticket paper. Although the ticket paper market is estimated to account for much larger market value in the global demand for ticketing solutions, end-user industries are gradually advancing towards technologically advanced ticketing solution, such as RFID tags. In the present market scenario, the global ticket paper market is estimated to account for a large market volume, but is projected to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Global Ticket Paper Market Dynamics
Due to the gradually increasing waste generated by ticket papers across the globe, ticket paper manufacturing companies have taken initiatives to ensure recycling of used ticket papers, thereby reducing the consumption of virgin pulp in the production of fresh ticket paper. Other than traditional perforated ticket papers, key market players are trying to attract end-user industries with the introduction of ticket paper wristbands, which allow the staff managing an event to identify the category of the ticket paper holder by color from a significant distance. A ticket paper can also be differentiated by the compatibility of the ticket paper with a specific printing technology, such as laser printing, inkjet printing, thermal printing and others. On the other hand, the end-users of admission and event tickets are gradually shifting from ticket paper to other ticketing solutions, such as plastic tokens, plastic bands and RFID tags, owing to enhanced security and higher durability as compared to that provided by ticket paper. In 2018, Jujo Thermal Ltd., a member of Nippon Paper Group, introduced a thick thermal grade of ticket paper, which is compatible with UV-Flexo and UV-Offset printing, and provides superior barrier against oils, fats, plasticizers and solvents.
Global Ticket Paper Market Segmentation
The global ticket paper market can be segmented by paper type into:
- Thermal paper
- Non-thermal paper
The global ticket paper market can be segmented by paper grade into:
- Up to 70 GSM
- 70 to 90 GSM
- 90 to 120 GSM
- Above 120 GSM
The global ticket paper market can be segmented by ticket paper size into:
- 1 column 3 rows of A4 Sheet
- 1 column 4 rows of A4 Sheet
- 4 columns 2 rows of A4 Sheet
- 2 columns 4 rows of A4 Sheet
- 6 columns 2 rows of A4 Sheet
- Other sizes
The global ticket paper market can be segmented by ticket type into:
- Transport Tickets
- Road Transport
- Air Transport
- Seaways Transport
- Admission or Event Tickets
- Sports Events
- Cultural Events
- Artistic Events
- Lottery Tickets
- Valet Parking Tickets
- Baggage Counter Tickets
- Custom Tickets
Global Ticket Paper Market Regional Outlook
The consumption of ticket paper in a region highly depends on per capita expenditure and urban population residing in the region. Pace of economic development, globalization and urban population growth in emerging economies of the Asia Pacific region, specifically India and ASEAN countries, have attributed to the significant growth of ticket paper market in the region. On the other hand, the developed economies of North America and Western Europe region are more likely to adopt alternate ticketing solutions, thereby resulting in low growth of ticket paper demand.
Global Ticket Paper Market Key Players
Some of the players operating in the global ticket paper market are:
- National Ticket Company
- Telemark Diversified Graphics
- Nippon Paper Group
- Boca Systems
- Tullis Russell Group Ltd.
- Mitsubishi HiTec Paper Europe GmbH
- International Paper Company
- Ricoh Industrie France SAS
- Appvion Operations, Inc.
- Moniko-Tito Tickets
- Paragon Group Limited
- Diagramm Halbach GmbH & Co. KG
The ticket paper market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The ticket paper market report provides in depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The ticket paper market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.