Thyristor Power Controller: Introduction
- Thyristor power controller is a switching device which ensures to provide accurate control of electric power used for drying, annealing, heating or melting plastics, metals, or glass
- Thyristor power controller does not consist of moving parts, due to which it is capable to switch electrical loads in milliseconds and has a long operational life
- Thyristor power controller plays a vital role in industrial manufacturing, as it uses power controller in electrical heating, which helps reduce energy use and raw material
- These controllers are used in semiconductor, food & beverage, metals & mining, oil & gas, industrial, and other end-use industries
Rise in Demand for Thyristor Power Controllers in Industrial Heating Process
- Industrial manufacturing has emerged as an attractive sector for investments by organizations across the globe. In this sector, thyristor power controllers are significantly used for annealing, drying, healing or melting, plastic, or metals.
- In industrial manufacturing, thyristor power controller plays an important role to improve manufacturing efficiency, as these controllers do not have any moving parts due to which they are capable to switch electrical loads in milliseconds and have a long operational life. Hence, they are increasingly used in industrial heating process.
- Thyristor power controllers are equipped with digital display due to technological advancements, which is helpful to operate the controller easily and accurately. Hence, increase in use of thyristor power controllers in industrial heating process is expected to drive the market during forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure
Increase in Use of Thyristor Power Controller in Food & Beverages
- Food is an integral part of our everyday lives and production of food is more essential. Hence, several food & beverage manufacturers are focusing on adoption of reliable processes and accurate measurement technology for production of food & beverage.
- In food & beverage industry, thyristor power controllers are increasingly utilized to control pressure and temperature of manufacturing process
- Thyristor power controllers are flexible, easy to configure and operate, and highly reliable. Hence, these factors are fueling the global thyristor power controller market.
Three-phase Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on operating type, the global thyristor power controller market can be segmented into single-phase and three-phase.
- Three-phase thyristor power controllers are majorly used in semiconductor, industrial, metals, and mining applications. Increase in use of three-phase thyristor power controllers by manufacturers has been observed for high-voltage applications to perform operations accurately in various industrial processes.
- Rise in demand for three phase thyristor power controllers is anticipated to show prominent growth during forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
North America to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global thyristor power controller market can be split into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global thyristor power controller market throughout the forecast period, owing to increase in automation and ongoing technological advancements in the semiconductor industry in the region
- The thyristor power controller market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to show significant growth during the forecast period. However, the market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to show moderate growth during the forecast period.
Key Players in Global Market
The global thyristor power controller market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological developments and expansions to meet the increase in demand for thyristor power controllers. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products and gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global thyristor power controller market include:
- Advanced Energy Industries Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Schneider Electric
- Microsemi Corporation Control Concepts Inc.
- Rkc Instrument Inc.
- Cd Automation S.r.l.
- Control Concepts Inc.
- OMRON Corporation
- Spang Power Electronics
Global Thyristor Power Controller Market: Research Scope
Global Thyristor Power Controller Market, by Operating Type
Global Thyristor Power Controller Market, by Load Type
- Resistive Load
- Inductive load
Global Thyristor Power Controller Market, by Trigger Mode
- Zero Crossing Mode
- Phase Angle Control
Global Thyristor Power Controller Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverage
- Metals & Mining
- Oil & Gas
Global Thyristor Power Controller Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.