Thyme Essential Oil is derived from perennial herb known as Thymus vulgaris. It has a rather sweet, yet strongly herbal smell and is reddish-brown to amber in color. The main chemical components are a-thujone, a-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, p-cymene, a-terpinene, linalool, borneol, b-caryophyllene, thymol and carvacrol. The therapeutic properties of thyme oil are antirheumatic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, bactericidal, bechic, cardiac, carminative, cicatrisant, diuretic, emmenagogue, expectorant, hypertensive, insecticide, stimulant, tonic and vermifuge.
Thyme Essential Oil: Segmentation:
The thyme essential oil market can be segmented on the basis of nature, source, types, application, and distribution channel.
On the basis of nature, thyme essential oil can be segmented into organic and inorganic form. And it is the organic oil which is anticipated to dominate over the inorganic due to its large scale application in the fields of medicines.
There are different types of thyme essential oil i.e Red Thyme Oil, White Thyme Oil and Thyme Linalool also known as Sweet Thyme. The value of thyme essential oil depends a lot upon the phenols content. Red Thyme oil has higher amount of phenols and is therefore more expensive.
On the basis of application, thyme essential oil is segmented into pharmaceutical industry, cosmetic industry, food industry and fragrance industry. Thyme essential oil plays a pivotal role in treatment for respiratory conditions, promotes skin health and teeth health (Tooth decay). In the fields of cosmetics, Thyme essential oil is used as a germ killer in mouthwashes and liniments. In the food industry, it is being used as a flavoring agent.
In terms of distribution channel, thyme essential oil is segmented into direct sales and indirect sales channel. In indirect channel, when it comes to indirect distribution, the indirect sale is sub-segmented into modern stores, medical stores and food stores.in modern store, medical store, convenience store and departmental store.
Thyme Essential Oil: Regional Outlook:
In European regions thyme essential oil is expected to have larger share in terms of volume share, since Thymus vulgaris is a native to southern Europe from western Mediterranean to southern Italy. They are spread across the northern and southern regions of America due to which its cultivation and processing is being done in large scale. Essential oil being widely known as the natural therapeutic product, they have high scope in the ayurvedic sector which in turns directs to Asia – Pacific regions such India for natural medical treatment.
Thyme Essential Oil: Drivers and Restraints:
According to recent statistics, over 17.5 million people die each year from cardiovascular diseases which is an estimated 31% of all deaths worldwide. Moreover 80% of all cardiovascular diseases death are due to heart attacks and strokes. Taking into the account that thyme essential oil is good tonic for several respiratory diseases, this would be one critical factor driving the overall demand for the product.
Thyme Essential Oil: Key Players:
The global players in thyme essential oil market includes Biolandes SAS, Apivita S.A., Young Living Essential Oils LC, Albert Vieille SAS, Guangzhou Oulianya Fine Chemical Co.,Ltd, Guangzhou Huaqing Fine Chemical Industry Co.,Ltd.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.