The enzyme that helps in the catalysis or breakdown of molecules is known as proteolytic enzyme and the process is called as proteolysis. Thermolysin is a proteolytic enzyme that specially catalyzes the peptide bond hydrolysis in amino acid. Thermolysin is a type of metalloproteinase comes under category of endopeptidase enzyme secreted by a Gram-positive bacterium called Bacillus thermoproteolyticus. Thermolysin is used in food and beverage industries as flavor enhancer and also used in nutraceuticals for the production of dietary supplements. Thermolysin repairs impaired tissues which give rise to healthy muscle health. Awareness regarding health and fitness has increased among consumers creating huge growth avenue in health supplements. There are different varieties of thermolysin products are available in the market which includes plant, milk, meat, egg, and marine products. Apart from these end-use industries, thermolysin is also used in the research and development process. Thermolysin is specially used in food biotechnology for the production of flavor variants. Also, several health beneficial properties of thermolysin have increased its application in several end-use industries such as food, beverages, cosmetics, clinical nutrition, infant nutrition, sports nutrition, personal care, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, and animal feed. The global market of thermolysin is anticipated to grow due to its multiple purpose application, during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Increasing Awareness about Health and Fitness has boosted the Thermolysin market.
The growing preference for nutraceuticals among consumers has driven the market for thermolysin. Obesity is one of the major problems across the globe. For an instance, US population is facing the problem of obesity, including adult, young, and old populations. Because of weight-related health issues, the demand for the products which are manufactured by using thermolysin is anticipated to increase in North America. Europe followed by Asia has the largest population in the world so the market demand for thermolysin products is higher in these regions.
Thermolysin: Market Segmentation
Based on the source, the global thermolysin market segmented as-
- Bacillus thermoproteolyticus
- Geobacillus sp.
Based on the end-use industry, the global thermolysin can be segmented as-
- Food & Beverages
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Animal feed
- Others (Institute e.t.c.)
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Thermolysin Market”
Thermolysin: Key Players
The global thermolysin market is increasing because of its health beneficial properties. People have become health conscious these days and due to health and fitness-related issues, the market demand for thermolysin products such as health supplements, diet shake is very high because of its properties. The global key manufacturers of thermolysin are Merck & Co., Inc., Roche, Thermo Fisher, Megazymes. Except them, more industrialists and manufacturers are showing a keen interest in thermolysin because of the growing market demand.
Opportunities for Market Participants:
The globally increasing demand for healthy food among the consumers is the main factor that are accelerating the market demand of thermolysin products. Awareness about health and fitness among consumers is another important factor that leads to the thermolysin market. The thermolysin is widely preferred by gymnasts, athletes because they need more amount of protein to maintain muscle health. The thermolysin products are the most commonly used in dietary supplements, nutritional supplements, sports nutrition as well as infant formulation because of their multifunctional properties. The consumption of thermolysin reduces the chance of obesity so the producers should target the region which has a high obesity rate. The market entrants or the players trying to expand their regional footprints must focus on the convenience affordability of raw materials to upscale their production facility. There is an increasing opportunity for new players, as they promote their product by giving proper information about the product. By considering these factors, the market demand for thermolysin is anticipated to grow in the forecast period.
- The demand for thermolysin is increasing globally because of the growing trend of health and fitness. As thermolysin products are easily digestible for humans as well as animals, their demand is also increasing in animal feed, food, and beverage industries. The US has a very high obesity rate, which includes adult, old and young populations due to weight management issues, the demand for the thermolysin has increased. Hence, manufacturers should focus on this region.
The thermolysin market report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the thermolysin market, including but not limited to: regional markets, sources, and end-use industry.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Thermolysin market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The thermolysin market report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the preview of the study. By doing so, the thermolysin market report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the thermolysin market report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the thermolysin market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.