Thermoforming Films Market: Introduction
- Thermoforming films provide long shelf life, strong sealing capability, printability, and lightweight packaging. These films are easier to carry. They also incur less expenses for transportation of beverages vis-à-vis rigid packaging.
Key Drivers of Global Thermoforming Films Market
- Globalization has led to rapid growth of imports and exports across the globe. This has resulted in large supply chains and increased role of logistics, with companies adopting flexible packaging to optimize packaging systems for efficient and effective delivery. This is driving the demand for thermoforming films across the globe.
- Low cost, lightweight, and damage-resistant features of packaging are boosting the demand for thermoforming films in the transportation industry. Rigid packaging is being rapidly replaced by flexible packaging, due to the latter’s characteristics such as enhanced barrier resistance, resealable closures, cost efficiency, and light weight. Among several variants of flexible packaging, shrink films are used extensively throughout the supply chain. Demand for thermoforming films has been increasing significantly in the packaging sector since the last few years.
- Players operating in the e-commerce sector have been increasingly adopting thermoforming films since the last few years, considering advantages offered by these films over stretch films and other films. Key features of thermoforming films such as high barrier resistance and damage control packaging prove beneficial for players in the e-commerce sector to ensure convenient and efficient delivery of products.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Thermoforming Films Market report
Polyethylene Thermoforming Films Type Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Demand for thermoforming films made of polyethylene is anticipated to increase at a rapid pace in the beverage packaging industry during the forecast period. Thermoforming films offer sustainable packaging solutions, as they reduce the weight of packaging. Thus, they prove to be a useful solution in view of regulations concerning less waste and lower weight of packaging. Additionally, thermoforming films possess good shelf-appeal and are cost effective.
- Polyethylene thermoforming films help save upon hidden costs of pre-labeled products and expenses on the Universal Product Code (UPC). These films also limit the use of adhesives and the need for secondary sleeves for branding. Demand for thermoforming films has been rising in the beverage packaging industry, as these films provide a one-stop solution for companies that require sustainable and low-cost packaging options with good shelf-appeal.
Availability of Substitutes Likely to Hamper Market
- Availability of alternative materials for films can be a major factor restraining the global thermoforming films market. The cost of thermoforming films is higher than that of regular plastic films that are used for packaging of products. This is anticipated to hamper the demand for thermoforming films during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Thermoforming Films Market
- The thermoforming films market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period, led by the rise in consumption of alcoholic beverages and increase in demand for ready-to-drink fruit juices in the food & beverage packaging industry. Asia Pacific is the most populated region in the world. Demand for ready-to-eat food is high in the region.
- The thermoforming films market in Europe is projected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. Demand for thermoforming films in the region is likely to rise in the next few years, due to increase in usage of canned food products.
- Demand for thermoforming films in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is estimated to rise significantly in the near future. In terms of demand, these regions accounted for low share of the global thermoforming films market in 2018. However, Middle East & Africa and Latin America are projected to create lucrative opportunities for the thermoforming films market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Thermoforming Films Market
Key Players in Global Thermoforming Films Market
Key players operating in the global thermoforming films market are:
- Vecom Group
- Vishakha Polyfab Pvt. Ltd
- Klöckner Pentaplast
- SKY-LIGHT A/S
- Hypac Packaging Pte Ltd
- Peiyu Plastics Corporation
- Clifton Packaging Group Limited
- Welch Fluorocarbon Inc.
- FLAIR Flexible Packaging Corporation.
Global Thermoforming Films Market: Research Scope
Global Thermoforming Films Market, by Type
- Polyvinyl Chloride
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
- Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol
Global Thermoforming Films Market, by Application
- Flexible Packaging
- Rigid Packaging
Global Thermoforming Films Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Goods
- Cosmetics and Personal Care
Global Thermoforming Films Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.