Thermally Conductive Gap Filler: Introduction
- Thermally conductive gap filler is a compressible, soft material that consists of two-part silicone that can be dispensed directly from its original packaging with minimal to no additional process preparation. It is an ideal option for automated dispensing that uses standard meter mix equipment. Thermally conductive gap filler possesses excellent thixotropic properties that help it dispense easily, prevent slumping on vertical surfaces during assembly, and maintain its vertical stability even after long use.
- High-functioning electronic assemblies deliver greater value to a wide range of applications in various end-user industries such as automotive by providing safety, reliability, performance, and comfort. However, electronic assemblies generate higher temperatures that can reduce adversely affect performance and reliability over time. High thermal conductivity materials are specifically formulated to effectively dissipate heat from critical automotive parts such as braking and stability controls, engine or transmission control units, sensors, and other high-heat applications.
- Thermally conductive gap filler is competitively affordable option vis-à-vis alternative materials that combine higher processability with enhanced thermal conductivity. High-performing new silicone technology delivers thermal conductivity in the range of 1.5 – 2.5W/m.K. The material offers improved dispensability, significantly reduced abrasiveness, and stable performance for more reliable electronics in harsh automotive under the hood environments.
- Thermally conductive gap filler materials also include an optional formulation that incorporates glass beads to control bond line thickness during assembly. The platinum cure system in gap filler enables fast, controlled cure at room temperature, although cure times can be accelerated further with heat to reduce manufacturing cycle times.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Thermally Conductive Gap Filler Market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Thermally Conductive Gap Filler Market
- Growth in the automotive industry in emerging economies such as China, India, and Japan and increase in demand for electric vehicles in order to curb pollution are expected to drive the tire industry, thereby boosting the demand for thermally conductive gap fillers in the automotive sector. Electric vehicles consist of electronics systems such as electronics control units (ECU) and printed circuit boards (PCB). These often liberate heat on greater usage. Such devices need heat dissipating materials. Thermally conductive gap fillers are better options available in the market. This is anticipated to drive the market in the near future.
Thermally Conductive Gap Filler: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global thermally conductive gap filler market can be segmented into electronics, automotive, machinery, and others
- The automotive segment is expected to capture significant share of the global thermally conductive gap filler market, owing to increase in installation and upgrade of electronic components in automobiles that require thermally conductive gap fillers for heat dissipation
Covid-19 Impact on Thermally Conductive Gap Filler Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic outbreak was reported in China in the beginning of the year. It has created vulnerabilities in the global automotive supply chain, as nearly 85% of the world’s supplies depend on China. The ripple effect was felt globally, and most auto manufacturing plants came to a sudden halt due to lockdowns imposed by governments to limit the spread of the pandemic. Demand for thermally conductive gap filler materials primarily depends on the automotive end-user sector. Closure of various automotive manufacturing plants around the globe is projected to hamper the demand for thermally conductive gap filler in the near future.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Asia Pacific to Dominate Thermally Conductive Gap Filler Market
- In terms of region, the global thermally conductive gap filler market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to dominate the global thermally conductive gap filler market during the forecast period. Growth of the market in the region can be ascribed to expansion in the automotive industry in countries such as India, China, Japan, and Singapore; and significant investment by leading industry players considering potential growth opportunities in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Thermally Conductive Gap Filler Market
The global thermally conductive gap filler market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global thermally conductive gap filler l market include:
- Dow Corning Corporation
- Henkel Ag & Co. Kgaa
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Parker Hannifin Corporation
- Laird Technologies, Inc.
- Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
- The Bergquist Company, Inc.
- Indium Corporation
Global Thermally Conductive Gap Filler Market: Research Scope
Global Thermally Conductive Gap Filler Market, by Application
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.