Thermal paper has a specialty coating that allows inkless printing and gives excellent results on printing as it provides reliable, speedy and high definition images. Thermal paper rolls are cost effective as they have lower maintenance costs. Furthermore, thermal printing technology is quieter as compared to its alternatives, which offers a pleasant experience when working with high volumes of printing. Key manufacturers such as Appvion are adopting latest printing technologies such as Techkon SpectroDens for thermal paper rolls to achieve excellent printing results. Attributing to their reliable and durability, thermal paper rolls finds application in various end uses. For instance, retailers use thermal paper rolls for point-of-scale applications such as super stores, grocery store, and ATM banks. In addition, ticket agencies and lottery systems, which require accurate and large volume printouts, also rely on thermal paper rolls.
Thermal Paper Rolls Market: Dynamics
The advent of digitalization in developing regions such as India has been driving the need for POS systems and subsequently, escalating the demand for thermal paper rolls in the market. In addition, the rising importance of labelling against the counterfeiting of products has been having a positive impact on the demand for thermal paper rolls. Moreover, thermal paper offers excellent coloring capability at high speeds and a highly durable finish that doesn't fade easily. This feature allows printed bar codes to be used in POS food labelling & other applications during their manufacturing and shipping, which has been escalating the demand for thermal paper rolls, globally.
On the other hand, the usage of BPA in thermal paper has a negative impact on human health, which may hamper the growth of the thermal paper rolls market in the near future. Therefore, many retailers are adopting digital receipt software programs that work with existing POS systems and they print customer receipts only on request in order to minimize the usage of thermal paper.
Thermal Paper Rolls Market: Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the global thermal paper market can be segmented as:
- Top coating thermal paper
- Premium & standard thermal paper
On the basis of printing technology type, the global thermal paper rolls market can be segmented as:
- Direct thermal
- Thermal transfer
On the basis of application, the global thermal paper rolls market can be segmented as:
- POS Systems
- Lottery & Gaming
- Labels & Tags
- ATM Receipt
- Others (Handy Terminal)
On the basis of end-use industry, global thermal paper rolls market can be segmented as:
- Transport & logistics
- Food & beverages
Asia Pacific to Register High Sales in Thermal Paper Rolls Market
Geographically, the global thermal paper rolls market can be segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East & Africa (MEA). The growing retail sector in developing countries such as India, China and ASEAN countries is the key factor driving the market of thermal paper rolls. Also, growing population and supportive government policies are expected to encourage investments in the thermal paper rolls market. Developed countries such as Germany and the United States are expected to register moderate growth during the forecast period.
Thermal Paper Rolls Market: Market Participants
Some of the key players in the global thermal paper rolls market are:
- Oji Holdings Corporation
- Ricoh Company, Ltd.
- Koehler Paper Group
- Mitsubishi Paper Mills (MPM)
- Appvion Operations, Inc.
- Jujo Limited
- Appvion Operations, Inc.
- NAKAGAWA Manufacturing (USA), Inc.
- PM Company L.L.C.
Thermal Paper Rolls Market: Key Developments
Some of the key developments in the global thermal paper rolls market are:
- In 2019, Ricoh Company, Ltd. is planning to expand its manufacturing capabilities in Europe. Ricoh will invest about 3 Billion Yen in Ricoh Industrie France S.A.S. to double its coater production capacity, which applies thermal coatings onto paper.
- In 2018, Appvion Operations, Inc. started adopting Techkon SpectroDens for its thermal paper rolls manufacturing operations as Techkon SpectroDens combines the qualities of a highly accurate spectophotometer and superior in terms of repeatability, ergonomics, and ease of use.
- In 2016, Oji Holdings Corporation along with Marubeni Corporation acquired the Tele-Paper (M) Sdn Bhd., converting and printing manufacturer of thermal paper rolls and carbonless paper in Malaysia.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.