Thermal Conductive Adhesives: Introduction
- Thermal conductive adhesive is a smooth, dark grey paste, which is hard, durable, and possesses high thermal conductivity. Thermal conductive inks possess extreme insulation properties. The adhesive is viscous in nature as it is densely filled with thermal conductive ceramic powders. This conductive ceramic powder provides high thermal conductivity for electronic appliances.
- The conductive adhesive easily bonds with metals, ceramics, glass, and most plastics used in electronic assemblies. Thermal conductive adhesives are generally designed to provide an efficient heat transfer path between heat generating components, heat sinkers, or other cooling devices. Thermal conductive adhesive tapes consist of a carrier that is highly loaded with thermal conductive fillers coated on single side or both the sides with high temperature resistance.
- Thermal conductive adhesives are utilized in numerous electronic applications owing to the significant generation of heat in modern electronics components. Thermal conductive adhesives offer considerable resistance to chemicals, high temperature, and possess significant thermal stability. Several manufacturers of thermal conductive adhesives have one-part and two-part epoxy systems, as well as silicone and polyimide systems.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Thermal Conductive Adhesives Market
- Increased demand for integrated circuits and cutting-edge technologies across the globe is anticipated to boost the thermo conductive adhesives market during the forecast period. Additionally, increase in investments in the development of energy storage solutions as well as low cost and efficient materials is anticipated to offer significant opportunities to the global thermally conductive adhesives market during the forecast period. Furthermore, thermally conductive adhesives are likely to play a prominent role in the adhesives industry as a potential alternative to conventional methods.
Thermal Conductive Adhesives: Types Segment
- In terms of type, the global thermal conductive adhesives market can be segmented into silicones, epoxies, polyurethanes and acrylics, and others
- Excessive heat in electrical appliances can lead to improper functioning of the device. Several companies such as Dow Corning provide thermal conductive silicone adhesives. These silicone adhesives provide the solution for highly sensitive circuits and components. Thermal conductive silicones adhesives ensure that the components remain functional even when the appliances generate heat. Modern power semiconductor devices and electronic control units are witnessing a trend of miniaturization. This leads to higher operating temperatures. Thermal conductive adhesives play an important role in maintaining the functioning of these devices and units.
Thermal Conductive Adhesives: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global thermal conductive adhesives market can be segmented into battery thermal, heat sink, IC packaging heat conduction, LED lighting thermal, and thermal material potting
- Thermal conductive adhesives are often employed to dissipate heat from power electronics. It is generally used to bond heat sinks. Thermal conductive adhesives are also utilized as encapsulation compound for temperature sensors for enclosures or reactors. Adhesives with thermal conductivity are synthetic resins augmented with metallic or inorganic filler materials. Adhesives augmented with ceramic or mineral-based fillers are used in this process to achieve thermal conductivity and electrical isolation at the same time.
Covid-19 Impact on Thermal Conductive Adhesives Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world. Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacturing of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, and other reasons. This is expected to hamper the thermal conductive adhesives market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Thermal Conductive Adhesives Market
- In terms of region, the global thermal conductive adhesives market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America and Europe are major markets for thermal conductive adhesives, owing to the expansion of the electronic industry in these regions. Manufacturers of thermal conductive adhesives based in Asia Pacific and Latin America are investing more in research and development, which has fueled the demand for thermal conductive adhesives in Asia Pacific and Latin America.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Thermal Conductive Adhesives Market
The global thermal conductive adhesives market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global thermal conductive adhesives market include:
- Dow Corning
- Wacker Chemie AG
- SEPA EUROPE GmbH
- Panacol-Elosol GmbH
Global Thermal Conductive Adhesives Market: Research Scope
Global Thermal Conductive Adhesives Market, by Type
Global Thermal Conductive Adhesives Market, by Application
- Battery Thermal
- Heat Sink
- IC Packaging Heat Conduction
- LED Lighting Thermal
- Thermal Material Potting
Global Thermal Conductive Adhesives Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.