Global Textile Felt Market: Highlights
- Felt is a man-made fabric, which is produced from natural/synthetic fibers. Most man-made fabrics are generally woven. However, in several cases, synthetic fibers are also used. A felted fabric is manufactured through compression and matting of fibers. Fibers are often pressed together by using heat, moisture, and a lot of pressure and a highly dense fabric consisting of permanently interlocked fibers is obtained.
- Two types of felts are available in the market: natural and synthetic. Among these, synthetic felts are extensively used, owing to their easy availability.
Key Drivers of Global Textile Felt Market
- The eco-friendly nature of textile felt is expected to augment the demand for textile felt garments among customers in the near future. A majority of felt fabrics can be recycled. In the Netherlands alone, consumers and businesses generated 240 million kilograms of textile waste in 2018. Of this, 130 million kilograms of textile waste is used to manufacture felt garments. Recyclability of textile felt is expected to boost the demand for textile felt across the globe during the forecast period.
- Increased usage of felt fabrics in architectural buildings is another factor driving the global textile felt market. In modern buildings, usage of textile felts can be observed on decorative elements, wall coverings, and furniture. Textile felts are soft and they provide an aesthetic appeal to the object.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Susceptibility of Felt Garments to Moth Damage to Hamper Market
- Clothing made from felt is prone to damage caused by moth. When felt is worn close to the body, the felt material absorbs sweat and moisture, which are the primary water sources for moth. As moth feeds on the clothing, it forms holes in the fabric, which can ruin the garment. This factor can restrain the global textile felt market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Textile Felt Market
- In terms of region, the global textile felt market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Supportive government regulations in China and India, which are aimed at promoting investments in their respective textile manufacturing sectors, are expected to boost the textile felt market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period. China is a world-leading producer and exporter of raw textiles and garments. Textile has been a prominent industry in China over several years. The textile industry in the country has been flourishing, due to the low cost of labor, availability of land at a low cost, supportive government policies, large domestic consumer market, and abundant availability of human resources. The expanding textile industry in Asia Pacific, especially in China and India, is projected to propel the textile felt market in the region during the forecast period.
- India has abundant availability of raw materials such as cotton, wool, silk, and jute. This has boosted the textile industry in the country. Significant investments have been made by the Government of India under the Scheme for Integrated Textile Parks (SITPs) and Technology Upgradation Fund to encourage more investments by the private sector and train workforce.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific held a leading share of the global textile felt market in 2018, followed by North America and Europe. The textile & apparel industry in Canada is well established. It has successfully transformed from traditional mass production to the development of technical and non-woven textiles. Growth of the textile & apparel industry in the country is projected to fuel the textile felt market in North America in the next few years.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. The textile & apparel industry in Mexico has been expanding steadily. This factor is projected to drive the demand for textile felt in Latin America during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global textile felt market was highly fragmented, with the top manufacturers accounting for a substantial market share in 2018. Key players operating in the global textile felt market are:
- Aetna Felt
- Pugalia Woolen Mills Private Limited
- Swicofil AG
- Loyal Textile Mills Ltd.
- Roders Textiles
- Boer Group Recycling Solutions
Global Textile Felt Market: Research Scope
Global Textile Felt Market, by Raw Material
- Natural Raw Material
- Animal Fur
- Synthetic Raw Material
- Rayon/viscose Blend
Global Textile Felt Market, by Application
- Craft Projects
Global Textile Felt Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.