Tetrahydronaphthalene is a bicyclic hydrocarbon used as a constituent in petroleum and coal tar. Also called tetralin, tetrahydronaphthalene is produced by catalytic hydrogenation of naphthalene. It is largely used for the production of 1-Naphthol, an intermediate for insecticide carbaryl. Tetrahydronaphthalene is tarnished with air in the liquid phase to produce naphthalene ketone or tetralin alcohol. After dehydrogenation, naphthalene ketone is used in the production of alpha naphthol.
Tetrahydronaphthalene is used in coal liquefaction and as a substitute to turpentine in paints and waxes. Corynebacterium sp. strain C125 helps in degradation of tetralin by using pyrolis tehnology. Naphthalene is transformed into tetralin in the presence of activated carbon supported molybdenum carbides. Dehydrogenation of tetralin by microwave heating in the presence of platinum-supported activated carbon is a widely adopted technology for the manufacture of tetrahydronaphthalene.
Based on application, the tetrahydronaphthalene market can be segmented into paints & coatings, chemistry & chemical engineering, pesticides, heat carrier, and others. Tetrahydronaphthalene is used in high-grade paints to improve smoothness and gloss. Tetralin is a high boiling-point solvent; therefore, it is highly used in the manufacture of lubricants and alpha-Tetralone. It is also considered an important raw material for synthesizing high-temperature heat carrier. The compound is commonly used as a solvent for fats, oils, resins, and waxes.
In terms of geography, the market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing region of the tetrahydronaphthalene market due to the constant increase in demand for tetrahydronaphthalene in agriculture and chemical industries. Economic and operational benefits of using tetrahydronaphthalene in lubricants & greases and paints & coatings are also anticipated to act as key factors boosting the tetrahydronaphthalene market. The usage of tetrahydronaphthalene is further projected to increase in the near future owing to the continuous technological developments in the field of dye-carrier applications and plastics fabrication, degreasing and cleaning, electronic chemicals, specialty solvents, coatings, coal flotation, and certain fuels.
Key players operating in the tetrahydronaphthalene market include Chemieliva Pharmaceutical, Sigma Aldrich, Henkel, CM Fine Chemicals, and BOC Sciences.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.