Global Tethered Manned Submersible Market: Introduction
- Tethered manned submersibles are underwater vehicles which are used to understand and explore the deep sea for various purposes such as understating of sea life, oil and gas exploration, military, and tourism
- Sea is a major source of oil and gas, minerals, and metals. In the recent times, companies are trying to explore deep sea waters for valuable resources. For this, they are developing underwater mining and research laboratories. Manned submersibles can be employed in various stages of installation of underwater mining and research laboratories, such as underwater land exploration, transportation, and observation and maintenance of facilities.
- Players are investing heavily in the development of advance manned submersibles that can carry more number of individuals at an increased diving capacity, due to the rising demand for tethered manned submersible from various industries
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Tethered Manned Submersible Market
- Rising demand for use in the deep-sea mining of metals and minerals is a key driver of the global tethered manned submersible market. Decreasing resources of metals and minerals on land have compelled companies to explore the deep sea. These manned submersibles can be useful in various stages of underwater mining such as location feasibility, transportation of goods and workforce, and observation of facilities. Hence, rise in the deep-sea mining of metals and minerals is a key driver of the global tethered manned submersible market.
- Rising demand from marine life exploration and research is another key driver of the global tethered manned submersible market. With the rise in global warming, pollution, and threat of extinction of marine life, scientists are studying the deep sea to understand its history as well as the current condition and its chemical, physical, and biological features. For this activity, tethered manned submersibles can be useful. Thus, rising demand from marine life exploration and research can be a key driver of the global tethered manned submersible market.
- High research and development costs is a major restraint of the global tethered manned submersible market. Deep sea has extreme environmental conditions such as high pressure, low temperature, and zero visibility. These manned submersibles also carry some passengers. For safety of these passengers, companies are investing more time and money in order to develop a vessel which can withstand extreme environmental conditions and protect passengers. Hence, costs incurred for research and development of tethered manned submersibles is a major restraint of the global tethered manned submersible market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Tethered Manned Submersible Market: Segmentation
- The global tethered manned submersible market can be segmented based on depth, type, and application
- In terms of depth, the global tethered manned submersible market can be segmented into below 1,000 meters to 3,000 meters, 3,001 meters to 5,000 meters, and above 5,000 meters. In 2018, the below 1,000 meters to 3,000 meters segment dominated the global market. However, due to advancements in technology, the above 5,000 meters segment is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on type, the global tethered manned submersible market can be divided into non-autonomous, autonomous, and independent. The non-autonomous segment dominated the global market in 2018. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period also.
- In terms of application, the global tethered manned submersible market can be segmented into oil & gas exploration, marine life exploration, military, tourism, and others. Oil & gas exploration and marine life exploration are key segments of the global market.
Global Tethered Manned Submersible Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global tethered manned submersible market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global tethered manned submersible market in 2018. The market in the region is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, as the demand for tethered manned submersibles is high in the U.S. and Canada, due to extensive oil and gas exploration activity in these countries.
- The market in Europe is projected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. Russia, the Netherlands, and Germany are likely to lead the tethered manned submersible market in Europe during the forecast period.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a steady CAGR during the forecast period. Countries such as China, Japan, and India are investing in the development of advanced tethered manned submersibles.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
- In October 2019, Chinese Academy of Sciences, a government-owned organization, launched a new manned submersible with the diving capacity of 11,000 meters. The cabin is made of titanium alloy, which allows the submersible to dive more than 10,000 meters deep in the sea.
- In September 2019, Triton Submarines LLC sold its first manned submersible to EV Ocean Nina Jensen, which is a not-for-profit foundation. This submarine has capacity to dive more than 2,000 meters deep and it can carry three persons aboard.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- Battelle Memorial Institute
- Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Triton Submarines LLC
- Blue Marble Exploration LLC
- Aquatica Submarines Inc.
- Atlantis Adventures LLC
- Global Sub Dive
- DNV GL AS
- EYOS Expeditions Ltd.
- GEOMAR Helmholtz
Global Tethered Manned Submersible Market: Research Scope
Global Tethered Manned Submersible Market, by Depth
- 1,000 meters to 3,000 meters
- 3,001 meters to 5,000 meters
- Above 5,000 meters
Global Tethered Manned Submersible Market, by Type
Global Tethered Manned Submersible Market, by Type
- Oil & Gas Exploration
- Marine Life Exploration
Global Tethered Manned Submersible Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.