Terminal Fuel Additives: Introduction
- Increasing demand of hydrocarbon fuels for heat and power generation from transportation and power generation industries for domestic and industrial power generation has led to the development of a large range of fuel additives to meet industry requirements. Fuel additive can be employed as a standalone single product to solve certain performance related issues. It can also be combined with other similar products to form a multi-functional performance enhancement package to be added to the fuel.
- Terminal operations need fuel additives, as these additives help boost profitability of operations by increasing the market value of crude oils, intermediates, or refined products. Terminal operations require fuel additives that are able to enhance a broad range of fuels and can perform outstandingly in harsh environments. Terminal fuel additives need to be specifically engineered to meet the high demand for terminal business.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Terminal Fuel Additives Market
- Companies are mandated to reduce carbon emissions owing to the adoption of stringent environmental laws. This can be achieved by adding more efficient and effective fuel additives. This is driving the terminal fuel additives market.
- Rise in demand for alternate fuels is expected to restrain the terminal fuel additives market
Terminal Fuel Additives: Additive Type Segment
- Based on additive type, the terminal fuel additives market can be divided into antioxidants, cold flow improvers, octane improver, cetane improvers, fuel lubricity improvers, pour point depressants, corrosion inhibitors, and others. The existence of highly olefinic cracked compounds in refined products can cause darkening, short induction period, and can also result in gum formation, which can be avoided by utilizing antioxidants that improve fuel stability.
- Cold flow improvers are additives that help improve low temperature handling properties of crude oils, residual oils, and petroleum fuels. Octane improver additives are added to increase the octane value of gasoline in order to protect the engine from knocking.
- Cetane improver additives are added to diesel fuel for enhancing the cetane number to meet the required standards
- Fuel lubricity improvers are added to low sulfur containing middle distillates to meet the required fuel standards. Pour point depressants are additives that help prevent sedimentation and help in meeting pipeline requirements.
- Corrosion inhibitors are added to the fuel to prevent corrosion of terminal equipment and storage. The others segment includes additives such as antistatic additives, hydrogen sulfide scavengers, cloud point depressant, and hazers
Terminal Fuel Additives: Fuel Type Segment
- In terms of fuel type, the terminal fuel additives market can be segmented into gasoline, crude oil, diesel, jet fuel, and others
Covid-19 Impact on Terminal Fuel Additives Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacturing of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, and other reasons. This is expected to hamper the terminal fuel additives market.
North America to Dominate Terminal Fuel Additives Market
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global terminal fuel additives market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the presence of stringent environmental regulations in the region.
- In terms of market share, Europe is likely to follow North America in the global terminal fuel additives market. However, the market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, due to increase in adoption of stringent environmental laws in the region, especially in developing economies such as China and India.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Terminal Fuel Additives Market
Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global terminal fuel additives market include:
- Baker Hughes Incorporation
- Dorf Ketal Chemicals
- Callington Haven Pty Ltd.
- Afton Chemical
- Amalgamated Inc.
Global Terminal Fuel Additives Market: Research Scope
Global Terminal Fuel Additives Market, by Additive Type
- Cold Flow Improvers
- Octane Improvers
- Cetane Improvers
- Fuel Lubricity Improvers
- Pour Point Depressants
- Corrosion Inhibitors
Global Terminal Fuel Additives Market, by Fuel Type
- Crude Oil
- Jet Fuel
Global Terminal Fuel Additives Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.