COVID-19 Impact on Terbutaline Sulfate Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for terbutaline sulfate in many applications. Governments of various countries across the globe have enforced lockdown measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This has resulted in slowdown and even halt in manufacturing operations, thus hampering the demand for terbutaline sulfate.
- Key players operating in the terbutaline sulfate market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these players are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has directly affected the production and demand for terbutaline sulfate. The industrial shutdown caused by the COVID 19 pandemic has created disruption in the supply chain. Disruption in supply of raw materials is projected to hamper full-scale operations of companies operating in the market.
Key Drivers & Restraints of Terbutaline Sulfate Market
- Increase in prevalence of asthma and other respiratory disorders and improvements in diagnostic technologies are key factors driving the terbutaline sulfate market. For instance, asthmatic patients are primarily treated with inhaled corticosteroids and patients with advanced conditions are treated with target specific drugs. However, terbutaline may cause side effects such as uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body, nervousness, dizziness, drowsiness, difficulty in falling asleep or staying asleep, weakness, headache, and nausea that can get severe. It can be used by patients aged more than 12 years. This is one of the key limiting factors of the market.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Terbutaline Sulfate Market
- In terms of region, the global terbutaline sulfate market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. Asia Pacific is the third largest pharmaceutical market in the world after North America and Europe.
- The terbutaline market in Asia Pacific, which covers India, China, Australia, South Korea, and Japan, is expected to expand significantly in the near future. Market share of Asia Pacific is likely to rise during the forecast period owing to the growth in urbanization and increase in spending power of people in the region.
Competitive Landscape of Global Terbutaline Sulfate Market
Major players operating in the global terbutaline sulfate market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. The market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the market include:
- Lusochimica SPA
- Jayco Chemical Industries
- Melody Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
- Supriya Life Science Limited
Global Terbutaline Sulfate: Research Scope
Global Terbutaline Sulfate Market, by Product Form
- Injectable Solution
- Oral Tablet
Global Terbutaline Sulfate Market, by Application
- Shortness of Breath
- Chest Tightness
- Chronic Bronchitis
Global Terbutaline Sulfate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Terbutaline Sulfate Market: Introduction
- Terbutaline sulfate is a prescription-based medicine. It is a selective beta-2 adrenergic agonist used as a bronchodilator and tocolytic. It is used to treat wheezing and shortness of breath from lung issues (such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, bronchitis, and emphysema). It works by relaxing the muscles around the airways so that they open up and one can breathe more easily. Each millimeter of solution has 1 mg of terbutaline sulfate, sodium chloride for isotonicity, hydrochloric acid for adjustment of pH of 4, and water for injection.
- Terbutaline sulfate is a white to gray-white crystalline powder. It is odorless or has mild odor of acetic acid. It is soluble in water, 0.1N hydrochloric acid, slightly soluble in methanol, and insoluble in chloroform.
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.