Tendinitis Treatment Market: Introduction
Tendon is the name given to a fibrous and denser tissue that helps connect the bone to the fleshy muscle and helps in movement to occur simultaneously in the bone and muscle, which aids in walking, bending, and rotation of the muscles and bones. Tendons act as pulleys to help muscles move a joint. Tendinitis is the irritation or inflammation of a tendon, causing pain or aching outside or in the surrounding area of the joint, particularly in the shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees and heels during movement. It may be caused due to sudden injury or activities that exert stress on the tendons. Symptoms of tendinitis include pain, tenderness, and mild swelling in the affected area.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Tendinitis Treatment Market
- Rise in the number of people suffering from tendinitis, especially from sport injuries, and its prevalence among patients treated with the same; recurrence of chronic diseases such as arthritis and diabetes; innovation of new technologies; approaches and treatment therapies that support the treatment of tendinitis; rise in funding from governments; and significant investments from large corporates in the healthcare sector are key factors that boost the global tendinitis treatment market.
- Aging of the population, demand for preventive care among people, and an increase in healthcare expenditure also play a key role in driving the market
- Side-effects of the treatment such as NSAIDs, lack of awareness about tendonitis, and the cost associated with the treatment of tendinitis are likely to restrain the global tendinitis treatment market
Achilles Tendinitis Segment to Dominate Global Tendinitis Treatment Market
- Based on condition, the global tendinitis treatment market can be divided into Achilles tendinitis, adductor tendinitis, biceps tendinitis, elbow tendinitis, rotator cuff tendinitis, jumper's knee, trigger finger, and others
- Achilles tendinitis is highly common and frequently occurring among all the forms of tendinitis, as the Achilles tendon is the largest tendon in the body and is most likely to be affected by injury or damage. This is a key factor fueling the global tendinitis treatment market.
Therapy Segment Accounted for Prominent Share of Global Tendinitis Treatment Market
- Based on Treatment, the global tendinitis treatment market can be divided into diagnosis, therapy, surgery, medical devices and others. Diagnosis is again classified as physical examination, imaging tests, ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans, and others. The therapy segment can be further bifurcated into pharmacological & non-pharmacological therapy. Non-pharmacological therapy includes rest therapy, heat & cold therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and others. Furthermore, the pharmacological therapy segment includes OTC drugs or pain relievers, corticosteroids injections, platelet-rich plasma (PRP), and others.
- The therapy segment accounted for a notable share of the market due to its low cost, easy availability, high efficacy, less or no side-effects associated with treatment
Hospital Segment to Hold Notable Share of Market
- Based on end user, the global tendinitis treatment market can be divided into hospitals & clinics, medical research centers, academic institutes, and others
- The hospitals & clinics segment held a notable share of the market due to a rise in the number of patients admitted to hospitals and clinics for treatment, healthcare infrastructure provided by the hospitals such as intensive care units (ICU), ventilators, etc.
North America to Dominate Global Tendinitis Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global tendinitis treatment market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounts for a significant share of the global tendinitis treatment market followed by Europe. Increase in number of people suffering from tendinitis, technology growth and advancements, and large number of government grants and funding for manufacturing of technology propel the market in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global tendinitis treatment market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Merck and Co. Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
Global Tendinitis Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Tendinitis Treatment Market, by Condition
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Adductor Tendinitis
- Biceps Tendinitis
- Elbow Tendinitis
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Jumper's Knee
- Trigger Finger
Global Tendinitis Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Physical examination,
- Imaging tests
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Scans
- Pharmacological Therapy
- OTC drugs or pain relievers,
- Corticosteroids injections,
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
- Non-pharmacological Therapy
- Rest therapy,
- Heat & cold therapy,
- Occupational therapy,
- Physical therapy
- Pharmacological Therapy
- Medical devices
Global Tendinitis Treatment Market, by End User
- Hospitals & clinics,
- Medical research centers,
- Academic institutes
Global Tendinitis Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.