Tempered Glass: Introduction and Use
- Tempered glass, also known as toughened glass, features more durability and higher strength than any other type of glass. The composition of tempered glass allows it to disintegrate into smaller granular chunks instead of fragment into small pieces. Typically, thermal and chemical processes are involved in the manufacture of tempered glass. Strength, thermal resistance, and safety are significant characteristics of tempered glass. As a result, tempered glass is gaining popularity in various applications.
- In a tempered glass, the tempering puts the outer surfaces into compression and the interior into tension. As a result, tempered glass does not splinter into jagged shards, but crumbles into small granular chunks when it gets broken. These smalssl granular chunks help prevent serious injuries and major accidents.
- Tempered glass offers benefits such as high durability, better strength, and high safety. Therefore, it is widely used in various applications including passenger vehicle windows, shower doors, architectural glass doors and tables, refrigerator trays, and mobile screen protectors. It is also employed as a component of bulletproof glass. Furthermore, it is employed in diving masks. Tempered glass is also employed in various types of plates and cookware.
- Tempered glass is widely used in various passenger vehicles. In the construction industry, tempered glass is used in interior and exterior elements of various structures, such as skylights, large windows, elevators, sliding doors, and windows, which extend close to the floor level. Tempered glass is also employed in swimming pools, doorways, and stairways due to its high strength and ability to ensure safety.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Tempered Glass Market
- Rise in consumer expenditure on interior designing is anticipated to be a major factor driving the tempered glass market. Growth in construction and automotive industries in emerging economies such as India, China, South Korea, and Indonesia is expected to boost the tempered glass market in the near future.
- Increase in demand for tempered glass in various end-use industries is also estimated to propel the market in the next few years. Similarly, growth in usage of tempered glass or toughened glass as a mobile accessory is expected to boost the tempered glass market during the forecast period.
- Increase in usage of laminated glass as a substitute for tempered glass in the automotive industry due to its various beneficial features, such as anti-breakage and light weight properties, is anticipated to be a major factor hampering the tempered glass market in the near future.
Tempered Glass Market: End-use Segment
- In terms of end-use, the global tempered glass market can be segmented into automotive, building & construction, electrical & electronics, and others
- The building & construction segment is expected to hold significant share of the global tempered glass market during the forecast period, owing to the rapid growth in usage of tempered glass in interior designing
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Tempered Glass Market
- In terms of region, the global tempered glass market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The tempered glass market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a faster pace compared to that in other regions during the forecast period. It is projected to be closely followed by North America. Increase in construction expenditure in countries such as Singapore, India, and Australia is expected to boost the demand for tempered glass. Growth in the construction industry in Asia Pacific & Middle East and expansion of the building & construction industry in countries such as India, Brazil, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Argentina offer lucrative opportunities to manufacturers of tempered glass.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Tempered Glass Market
The global tempered glass market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global tempered glass market include:
- Asahi Glass, NSG Group
- Press Glass SA
- Tyneside Safety Glass
- Fuyao Group
- Guardian industries
- Saint-Gobain SA
- AFG Industries
- NSG Group
- PPG Industries
- Cardinal FG
- Pilkington Group Limited
- AYG Coating Glass Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai North Glass Technology & Industry Co., Ltd.
- Abrisa Technologies
- FUSO Glass
Global Tempered Glass Market: Research Scope
Global Tempered Glass Market, by End-use
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Tempered Glass Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.