A teletherapy machine is characterized as an instrument having its source of radiations positioned at some distance from the body. Thus teletherapy is a form of radiation therapy which utilizes high energy or low energy radiations for the treatment of deep-seated tumors. The teletherapy machine, also known as particle accelerator, employs radioisotopes such as cobalt-60, Europium-162, etc., of which Cobalt-60 is the most widely used radioisotope by teletherapy machines. The machines offer a mechanism wherein a specific amount of radiations are delivered to the designated area of the body from outside, as the radiations are considered to be harmful to the healthy cells of a body. Low & medium energy radiation beams are utilized for the tumors situated on the surface of the body, while high energy ionizing radiations are employed for deeply located tumors.
Rising demand for technologically advanced treatments for vital disorders, and increasing investment of manufacturers in the R&D of medical devices are major factors that are estimated to boost the teletherapy machines market during the forecast period. However, high cost of the instruments is considered to be a major restraint for the teletherapy machines market during the period 2017 to 2025.
The global teletherapy market can be segmented into product type applications. In terms of product type, the global teletherapy machines market can be segmented into image guided radiation therapy (IGRT), intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), respiration gated radiation therapy, stereotactic radiotherapy, and others. The stereotactic radiotherapy segment can be further sub-segmented into gamma knife and proton beam radiosurgery. In terms of revenue, the stereotactic radiotherapy segment accounted for a prominent share of the market in 2016 due to the rising demand for non-invasive surgical procedures. The gamma knife segment dominated the teletherapy machines market in terms of revenue in 2016, and is anticipated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. The dominance is attributed to its ability to spare the normal & healthy cells of the body, destroying the unhealthy tumors only. However, the Image guided radiation therapy (IGRT) & proton beam radiosurgery segments are projected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period due to the rising prevalence of cancer worldwide and increasing investment by public & private players in the healthcare sectors of the developing economies.
In terms of application, the global teletherapy machines market can be segmented into breast cancer, lung cancer, colorectal cancer, head & neck cancer, prostate cancer, and others. The lung cancer & colorectal cancer segments together accounted for more than half of the market share in 2016 due to the painless procedure of teletherapy and rising adoption rate of this radiation therapy by the population and physicians. However, rising prevalence of breast cancer at a global level is expected to fuel the rapid expansion of the breast cancer application segment by 2025. The lung cancer segment is anticipated to maintain its dominance of the market during the forecast period due to the excellent penetration ability of the radiation by teletherapy machines.
In terms of geography, the global teletherapy machines market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In terms of revenue, North America led the market in 2016, which is attributed to the precision and accuracy of the teletherapy machines to deliver a specific amount of radiation to the unhealthy area of the body. Government participation for the prevention and control of the rising incidence of cancer is a major factor estimated to fuel the rapid expansion of the teletherapy machines market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period. However, North America is likely to maintain its dominance in the global teletherapy machines market during the forecast period due to the rising per-capita expenditure of the population on the healthcare sector.
Prominent players operating in the global teletherapy machines market include Varian Medical Systems Inc., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Elekta AB, Mevion Medical Systems, BARD, Accuray Incorporated, IBA Worldwide, and RaySearch Laboratories.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.