Teleprotection systems prevent failure and damage to systems by disconnecting the faulty part automatically and often remotely. Teleprotection has gained significant traction around utilities and telecom. There is an increased demand for teleprotected grids. Ageing grid infrastructures, improved communication systems and protocols, demand for reducing transmission and distribution losses along others are driving the growth of teleprotection market. Emerging opportunities for teleprotection systems lie in aerospace and defense sector. However, high cost factor, lack of interoperability standards can be a restraint to the growth of teleprotection market. Various components of the market include teleprotection unit, teleprotection software, and communication network technology. The teleprotection unit part is segmented into multi-service access equipment, optical interface equipment, directional electrical interface equipment, data circuit terminating equipment (DCE) and others. The technology for communication networks can be sub-segmented into conventional and advanced systems. Various hardware components include switches, relays, connecters, voice and teleprotection card, connecter ports, routers, controllers, programmable logic controller (PLC), displays, interface device, and other communication network components.
Various application markets for teleprotection include industry verticals such as telecom, power, information technology (cyber security), oil and gas, transportation, and aerospace and defense, among others. Teleprotection has received significant interest, and the favorable government regulations and policies mainly in developed economies and its demand is expected to grow over the coming years globally. North America and Europe have been experiencing increasing demand for teleprotection units in recent years. Asia Pacific and Latin America are also expected to gain increased traction over the coming years. Key players in this market include Alcatel Lucent S.A., ABB Ltd., Alstom S.A., DNV GL, GE Energy, Cisco Systems, Inc., Nokia Solutions and Networks, Telco systems, Siemens AG, and Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc., among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!