Modern world is shifting from the age old concept of conventional medical treatment to technologically well-equipped treatment services. Thus the concept of telehealth services is gaining attention. In telehealth service there is an exchange of remote data between the patient at home and their doctor(s) to assist in diagnosis and monitoring patients with long term ailments. Among other techniques it includes fixed or mobile home units to measure, analyze and monitor body temperatures, blood pressure, sugar level and various other vital parameters for clinical evaluation at a remote location by using phones or wireless medium. Telehealth services have increase awareness among the individuals about their own health assisting both the patients and the doctors. Telehealth is advantageous in a way that it reduces the number of patient visits, thus saving time and also is a very cost effective service and thus can be availed by a large number of population.
Doctors and clinicians, by this service can constantly monitor and guide the patient about their long term ailment, ultimately reducing the mortality rate. Moreover, it has also lead to drastic decrease in incidences of emergency admission. This has changed the perception of conventional medical practice, which forms the major driver for the market. Telehealth is not only restricted to long term ailments, but also has a wide range of applications like dentistry, counselling, physical and occupational therapy, disaster management and consumer and professional education.
The rate of using telehealth services is influenced by many factors such as the availability and cost of existing conservative health services in meeting patient requirements; the requirement of medical licensing, the policies of governments with respect to coverage, and payment for telehealth services. Modern techniques are being administered in telehealth service market like store-and-forward method, real-time, remote patient monitoring, remote training, and electronic consultation. With the use of all these techniques, telehealth service market is gaining popularity. However, certain restraints such as high installation charge can hamper the market growth in the forecast period.
The global telehealth services market can be segmented on the basis of type, application, end users and geography. The segment type can be further divided as clinical and non-clinical. Clinical uses comprises transferring medical data for diagnosis or disease management, advice on prevention from diseases, promoting good health, and using telephonic medium while dealing with emergency conditions. Non clinical uses comprises mainly of distance education, research programs on telehealth services, movement of patient and remote admission, providing online information and health data management. Application category focuses on the diseases such as cardiology, dermatology, neurology, gynecology, orthopedics, and others. The end-user segment of telehealth services can be divided into telehome, telehospital, assisted living, facility and worried well living and others. Telehome emphases on patient availing telehealth services from their respective home, while worried well living mainly focuses on the mental wellbeing of the patient.
Geographically, the global telehealth services market can be classified as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Rest of the world. The major key players operating in the telehealth service market include Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc., LifeWatch AG, CARDIOCOM, LLC, McKesson Corporation, Polycom, Inc., AMD Global Telemedicine, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Cisco Systems, Honeywell HomMed LLC, InTouch Technologies, Inc., and Philips Healthcare.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.