Telecom Service Provider Equipment Market - Introduction
- Telecom service provider equipment is hardware, mainly used for telecommunication purposes. Telecommunication service provider equipment also used as an IT equipment includes enterprise networking equipment, PBX equipment, mobile devices, and base stations.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Extensive industrial activity driving the telecom service provider equipment market
- Advent of the IT and ITES industry across emerging economies has increased the overall industrial activity. Banking, and IT & ITES are major sectors adopting telecom service provider equipment and mobility solutions to improve the customer experience. This has created immense opportunity for global operators to establish and engage in business with companies operating in these sectors to adopt telecom service provider equipment. Additionally, in the IT/ITES industry, rise in demand for enterprise connectivity solutions is attributed to the requirement for voice channels, high-speed connectivity, and the expansion of back-office/ BPO companies, which has led to demand for IP and international private leased circuits. Therefore, widespread industrial activity across various industries such as IT, and banking, is driving the growth of the telecom service provider equipment market.
Increasing construction of data centers to store increasing amounts of data expected to drive the telecom service provider equipment market in the near future
- According to studies conducted by various telecom vendors such as Cisco Systems Inc., global annual IP traffic was around 122 EB per month or 1.5 ZB per year in 2017 which is estimated to reach 396 Exabytes (EB) per month or 4.8 ZB per year in 2022. This growth is estimated at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 26% from 2017 to 2022. The growth is mainly driven by the growing number of mobile and wireless devices worldwide. This growth of data is influencing the demand for better & efficient telecom service provider equipment, thereby leading to the growth of the telecom service provider equipment market.
Lack of skilled professionals hampering the growth of the telecom service provider equipment market
- At a time when the industry is facing various threats from different emerging technologies, professionals in the telecom industry seem less skilled when compared to professionals in other industries such as cloud service providers or integration service providers who solely focus on that particular business. This is primarily due to the constant change the professionals and increasing technological advancements in telecom service provider equipment are subjected to as the industry itself is undergoing a massive change. Therefore, lack of skilled professionals is hampering the growth of the telecom service provider equipment market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Asia Pacific expected to hold major share of the global telecom service provider equipment market
- In terms of region, the global telecom service provider equipment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global telecom service provider equipment market due to huge investment or funding in telecommunication infrastructure specifically by major Asian countries such as Japan, China, and India.
- North America is expected to be the fastest growing region in the global telecom service provider equipment market due to increasing technological development in the telecommunication industry.
Global Telecom Service Provider Equipment Market- Competitive Landscape
- In October 2018, Nokia started manufacturing 5G telecom equipment in India to offer its product portfolio for Indian telecom operators and to increase its market presence. This initiative would help the company to strong its geographical & market presence and improve its customer base in telecom service provider equipment market.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
- Huawei Technologies Co Ltd.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
- ZTE Corporation
- Qualcomm, Inc.
- Motorola Solutions
Global Telecom Service Provider Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global Telecom Service Provider Equipment Market, by Equipment Type
- Public Switching Equipment
- Customer Premises Equipment
- Transmission Equipment
Global Telecom Service Provider Equipment Market, by Component
Global Telecom Service Provider Equipment Market, by Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small & Medium Enterprises
Global Telecom Service Provider Equipment Market, by Industry
- IT & Telecom
- Consumer Electronics
Global Telecom Service Provider Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.