Global Tele-consultation Services Market: Introduction
Tele-consultation services in the health care sector are referred to as the provision of virtual consultation by a health care provider to a patient via different modes of communication. A patient suffering from illness or chronic disease consults a health care provider remotely through an audio-visual communication setup. Tele-consultation services are offered by various health care facilities, with an aim to increase patient base and attract more health care providers in their network offering virtual consultation for the diagnosis or treatment of patients. Tele-consultation services include all types of virtual consultation such as assistance in a surgical procedure by a health care provider and diagnosis of a patient’s condition. This has led to easier access to health care for patients in cases of general illness and emergencies and a reduction in overall health care costs.
Key Drivers of Global Tele-consultation Services Market
Overall Health Care Cost Reduction
Outsourcing radiology services to well-trained radiologists, who can work for a fraction of the cost, is profitable to health care providers, according to macroeconomic principles. Hubs are emerging in price-sensitive countries in Asia to handle the bulk of radiology reporting requirements. For instance, India has skilled radiologists, advanced technology, and infrastructure to bridge the gap between demand and supply in a cost effective manner. Currently, hospitals in the U.S., the U.K., and Singapore regularly outsource radiology reporting to countries in Europe and Asia, including India because they need competent and timely professional help. Radiologists providing services to developed countries focus more on improving their role as imaging consultants, which is considered a value addition to patient care in certain cases. Outsourcing centers are well supported by competently trained radiologists. Generally, radiology reporting and other clinical activities are performed by a single radiologist. However, teleradiology separates these activities and are validated by numerous radiologists. Hence, prices fall steeply. This is a major factor projected to boost the expansion of teleradiology services in the next few years.
Technological Advancements in Tele-consultation
The most important part of the tele-consultation market is the effective informatics systems that enable quick and quality image transfer to the desired location and user, and facilitate proper interpretation by a consultant. Increase in use of cloud-based technology is making implementation of IT for tele-consultation less complex. The benefit of using cloud-based technology in hospitals and imaging centers is that it bypasses the investment required for static IT architecture. It also removes geographical barriers, providing access to teleradiologists globally who only require an Internet connection and access credentials in order to provide a read/report. Report quality is important for health care professionals and tele-consultation service providers assure the preciseness and quality in their readings. Hence, large number of tele-consultation service centers are coming up at a significant rate across the globe.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Tele-consultation Services Market
North America dominated the global tele-consultation services market in 2020 and the trend is projected to continue from 2021 to 2031. Improvement in reimbursement policies and expansion of health care insurance coverage among primary health care providers in the U.S. and Canada are anticipated to drive tele-consultations in the U.S. This is expected to propel the tele-consultation services market in North America during the forecast period. A booming digital health care industry in the emerging countries in Asia Pacific, such as China and India, is likely to provide significant opportunities for tele-consultation services in these countries. This is projected to fuel the growth of the market in Asia Pacific in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Global Tele-consultation Services Market
The global tele-consultation services market is highly consolidated owing to the presence of small number of key players. Leading players operating in the global tele-consultation services market are:
- Avizia, Inc.
- CareClix Telemedicine
- Demand, Inc.
- HealthTap, Inc.
- MDLIVE, Inc.
- Nordson Corporation
- RAUMEDIC AG
- SnapMD, Inc.
- Teladoc, Inc.
- Video Medicine, Inc.
Global Tele-consultation Services Market: Research Scope
Global Tele-consultation Services Market, by Type
- Voice Calls
- Video Calls
Global Tele-consultation Services Market, by Application
Global Tele-consultation Services Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
- Specialty Clinics
Global Tele-consultation Services Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.