A tack cloth is a specialized type of wiping material designed to remove dust particles, dirt and lint from all kinds of paintable surfaces. Tack cloths have a light adhesive that draws dust and sanding particles. It also reduces adhesive transfer to hands or gloves, thereby ensuring a blemish-free finish on the working area. Moreover, this cloth has sealed edges to reduce fibers and snags. Tack cloths are commonly used in furniture manufacturing, marine and boating applications, bodyshop repairs and many others.
Various kinds of tack cloths such as cheese tack cloths and polyester tack cloths are available in the market. A cheese tack cloth is cost-effective and ideal for sensitive applications; therefore, it is the more popular among all tack cloth types. Selection of the tack cloth usually depends upon its grade, style, quality and size, and these parameters may vary with brand and product design.
The growing demand from the automotive industry in developing regions is expected to drive the tack cloth market during the forecast period. China has emerged as a key link in the global production and supply of auto parts, registering sales amounting to more than RMB 1.5 Trillion during the last five years. Thus, the country is expected to witness high demand for tack cloths in the coming years. Moreover, tepid demand from the aerospace industry is also driving the tack cloth market.
Use of Alternative Substitutes such as Microfiber Cloths to Hamper Market Growth
Microfiber cloth can be used as a substitute for tack cloth as it offers excellent absorbing capability and is soft and reusable. Also, electrostatic cloths available in the market can replace tack cloths as electrostatic cloths are treated with chemicals and have the ability to attract minute particles. But due to the excellent performance and cost-effective solutions offered by tack cloth, it is widely preferred over electrostatic and microfiber cloth.
Tack Cloth Market: Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the global tack cloth market can be segmented as:
- Cheese tack cloth
- Nonwoven polyester tack cloth
- Knitted polyester & woven cotton mesh tack cloth
On the basis of packaging, the global tack cloth market can be segmented as:
- Below 5 wipes/bag
- 5-10 wipes/bag
- Above 10 wipes/bag
On the basis of end use, the global tack cloth market can be segmented as:
- Airports & Railways
Europe to Register Impressive Sales Growth during Forecast Period
Geographically, the global tack cloth market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, North America, Western Europe, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa and Japan. Attributing to growth of aerospace and automotive industries in Germany and France, the region is expected to register significant growth in the tack cloth market in the near future.
Tack Cloth Market: Key Players
Some of the global players in the tack cloth market are as follows:
- 3M Company
- Contec, Inc.
- EMM International B.V.
- Rockler Companies, Inc.
- Menard, Inc.
- S. Wiping Materials Co. Inc.
- Morelli & Co.
Tack Cloth Market: Key Developments
Recently, key manufacturers in the tack cloth industry have developed a lint-free tack cloth made of synthetic yarn with finished edges, which is ideally used in the automotive industry during the paint process. Players have also introduced tack cloths that are recyclable and water soluble. Water-soluble tack cloths improve anti-static performance and offer enhanced compatibility with water-based paints. Some of the recent developments in the tack cloth market are mentioned below:
- Contec, Inc. has introduced an advanced tack cloth named “Tax free tack cloth”. This cloth is made of nonwoven polyester and is designed to provide excellent contamination removal from surfaces.
- S. Wiping Materials Co. Inc. has developed a lint-free tack cloth made of 100% polyester and refined hydrocarbon resin. Lint-free tack cloth is considered ideal for paint prep or woodworking.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.