Synthetic quartz is a high-purity material that has become an essential material in electronics application due to its favorable chemical and physical properties. Oxygen, hydrogen, and silicon compounds such as silicon tetrachloride are used to produce synthetic quartz. Synthetic quartz offers various beneficial properties. These include resistance to acids, corrosion, high temperatures, wear, impact, compression, bending and infiltration. Thus, it is widely used in the electronics industry. High purity synthetic quartz possesses low volume of impurities, linear defects, and inclusions. Commercially, the hydrothermal process is adopted to produce synthetic quartz. Types of synthetic quartz include synthetic quartz crystal, synthetic quartz glass, etc.
Applications of synthetic quartz include electronics - majorly to semiconductor industry and solar industry. Synthetic quartz is also employed in optical fibers and photo-mask substrates for large scale integration (LSI) in semiconductor circuit and liquid crystal display (LCD) panels. Demand for large size and finer images is emerging with increasing demand for LCD panels. Synthetic quartz is the basic material in photo mask, which is used in etching of ultrafine circuit of display panel. This, in turn, leads to perfect precision required for high resolution and clarity of large-sized display panels. Photo-mask substrates made from synthetic quartz possess properties of excellent permeability and low thermal expansibility in the far ultraviolet range.
Synthetic quartz is also used in lithography tools due to its outstanding property of transparency to light in different wavelengths of visible spectrum and extremely low coefficient of thermal expansion. These lithography tools are used for transferring fine circuit pattern in a photo-mask on to a wafer during the production of semiconductor integrated circuits. Synthetic quartz used in lithography tools meets the requirement of finer circuits in order to form a high-resolution circuit pattern image on the surface of wafer.
Synthetic quartz is also prominently employed in optical components, which are used in wavelength lasers of microlithography projection systems. In this, optical components made of synthetic quartz are used to transmit high-energy ultraviolet laser radiation for producing large-scale integrated circuits on substrates. These components are highly resistant to laser, making them suitable for high-power or short-wavelength lasers. High purity synthetic quartz is also used to produce crucibles which pulls the single crystal silicon used to produce semiconductor devices and solar cells. High purity quartz is used for single crystal ingots from silicon metal in the solar industry.
Asia Pacific is the major region of the synthetic quartz market, as it has the leading manufacturers of semiconductor and consumer electronics. Asia Pacific is also the largest producer of semiconductor equipment and electronic devices such as smartphones, computers, and laptops. Japan, Taiwan, and China are the prominent countries of the semiconductor industry in Asia Pacific. Growth in the solar energy industry is expected to drive the demand for synthetic quartz in Asia Pacific. Solar and semiconductor application is also expected to grow at a faster rate in Asia Pacific. New fabrication plants are being constructed in China and are expected to come online by 2018. Thus, the market for synthetic quartz is anticipated to expand in Asia Pacific in the near future. North America is also a key region of the synthetic quartz market in terms of demand. The U.S. accounts for significant share of semiconductor and solar applications in North America.
Major players operating in the synthetic quartz market include Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd, Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd, Seiko Epson Corporation, Nihon Dempa Kogyo Co., Ltd, Asahi Glass Co., Ltd, CoorsTek, Inc and Kyocera Corporation.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.