Synovial sarcoma is a predominantly juxta-articular, malignant, and soft-tissue tumour, which represents approximately 10% of all soft-tissue sarcomas. It was first reported in 1893, and due to its resembling characteristic with synovium, it was named as synovial sarcoma. As per the studies it has been observed that, synovial sarcomas are slow growing tumours and usually occur predominantly around knees, followed by the ankle, shoulder and elbow. Rise in incidence rate of all types of the cancer has been observed since last few decades. More than 60 percent of the world’s new cancer cases occur in Africa, Asia, and Central and South America & 70 percent of the world’s cancer deaths also occur in these regions. Moreover, cancer is the second-leading cause of death globally after cardiovascular disease, and the proportion of deaths around the world due to cancer has increased from 12% in 1990 to 15% in 2013 and according to the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer accounts for 8.3 million deaths each year, with 70% new cancer cases expected to be reported over the next 20 years. This is likely to provide significant opportunities for players in the synovial sarcoma market. According to the study represented by Sarcoma Foundation of America, Synovial sarcoma is the fourth most commonly occurring sarcoma, accounting for 8-10% of all sarcomas also, it has been observed that synovial sarcoma affects most commonly to the adolescent and young adults of age between 15 and 40.
Strong focus on research and development to enhance the treatment options available such as targeted therapies and biological therapies. Treatment methods which include targeted therapies will increase the survival rates of patients as these therapies have low toxicity associated with their use. Currently, there is no targeted therapy yet. Moreover, strong and promising clinical pipeline is anticipated to fuel the synovial sarcoma market in near future. There are 83 pipeline therapeutics for the treatment of synovial sarcoma of which 8 drugs are under clinical phase III (clinicaltrials.gov). Also, innovative technologies like ZVex and GLAAS technology, RESOLYSIN technology, and tumour specific cytotoxic T-cell treatment are showing promising results. Thus, significant pipeline of the drugs, growing awareness among people and the increasing funding for research are major factors driving the growth of the market. However, the side effects associated with cancer treatment, high cost of treatment, stringent government regulations, and the high failure rate in the clinical trials, might hamper the growth of the market in the future.
The global synovial sarcoma market can be segmented on the basis of treatment type, end user and geography. On the basis of treatment type, the market can be segmented into chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery. On the basis of end-user the market can be segmented into hospitals, cancer research centers, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. Chemotherapy and immunotherapy are anticipated to dominate the synovial sarcoma market in the forecast period. Multi-specialty hospitals are anticipated to remain dominant during the forecast period.
Based on geography, the synovial sarcoma market can be segmented into five major regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East-Africa (MEA). At present, North America holds a leading position in the market followed by Europe. The major factors which have driven the market growth include development of innovative treatment, current FDA approval and rising adoption of innovative approach by patient and doctors. Moreover development of novel treatment and therapy for synovial sarcoma due to funding from Sarcoma Foundation of America and Synovial Sarcoma Research Foundation is also the major contributing factor for the growth of North America synovial sarcoma market. The population in developed countries is projected to have more number of patients due to the rise of obese patients and elderly population. This will drive more cancer prevalence and growth in revenue for the treatment methods.
Various key players contributing to the global synovial sarcoma market comprises Pfizer Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Bayer AG, Epizyme, Inc., Cue Biopharma, TAKARA BIO INC., and Adaptimmune.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.