Switchgear Monitoring System: Introduction
- Switchgear monitoring system is a monitoring and diagnostic unit, which provides mechanical and electrical health status of a fleet lineup
- Switchgear monitoring system employs a variety of sensors and software to monitor, diagnose, and control switchgear devices from a pre-specified safe location outside the arc flash boundary
- Switchgear monitoring system provides an on-line continuous monitoring into the condition of the equipment. High voltage switchgear monitoring system monitors various values of switchgear apparatuses such as circuit breakers, earthing switches, disconnectors, and instrument transformers.
- Switchgear monitoring system is usually installed to monitor the apparatuses of the air insulated switchgear (AIS) and monitor the gas insulated switchgear (GIS)
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Switchgear Monitoring System Market
Key Drivers of Switchgear Monitoring System Market
- Increase in digitization in the power industry is fueling the adoption of smart and secure electric infrastructure. It is also leading to creation of new communication hubs and data centers. This has increased the rate of energy consumption. Hence, a more efficient energy network is required for continuous operations of these data hubs, as governments are increasingly relying on real time data analysis for their decisions. In turn, this is estimated to increase the use of switch gear monitoring systems during the forecast period.
- Switchgear monitoring system is also considered environmentally friendly, as it helps prevent the leakage of SF6 gas, which is considered a greenhouse gas. This is expected to drive the global switchgear monitoring system market.
- Almost half a million villages and towns across the globe are without reliable and affordable electricity. Switchgear monitoring system can be deployed in a specific regional or nation-wide energy system with the additional objective to stabilize the grid in order to mitigate the failure chances of the electrical components. This would help improve the security of energy supplies. Such benefits are estimated to drive consumer preference for these systems, thereby driving the switchgear monitoring system market.
- In April 2019, ABB introduced its low-voltage MNS innovations that enable safe, flexible, and smart electrical distribution at Hannover Messe, one of the world’s largest trade fairs in Germany. With its smart condition-based monitoring, ABB announced that it allows customers to extend maintenance intervals by up to 30%. As part of the ABB Ability portfolio of connected devices, these solutions offer improved performance and reliability throughout the entire lifetime of the assets, thus allowing customers to increase maintenance intervals by up to 30%.
- Gas grid operators in the European Union plan to build up to 17 renewable switchgear monitoring system projects by 2025, as part of efforts to cut CO2 and keep their grids in use as the EU moves away from natural gas
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Switchgear Monitoring System Market
- Based on region, the global switchgear monitoring system market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global switchgear monitoring system market during the forecast period. Switchgear monitoring system technology is estimated to play a significant role in stabilizing the region’s energy supply and offsetting fluctuating power generation from sources of renewable energy. Demand for switchgear monitoring system technology has been rising significantly in China and India.
- North America is also an important region of the global switchgear monitoring system market. Demand for switchgear monitoring system in the region is driven primarily by the rise in demand for electricity reliability for commercial applications and stabilization of the power generation capacity.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The global economy has been hampered by the measures put in place to contain the COVID-19 pandemic. The power generation industry is estimated to face immediate challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic such as difficulty in adhering to the social distancing norms, shortage of manpower, lack of parts & equipment, and discerning expenditure by end-users.
Major players operating in the global switchgear monitoring system market include:
- Schneider Electric
- General Electric
- Konèar-Electrical Engineering Institute, Inc.
- PT. Tiara Vibrasindo Pratama
- TrafaG AG
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Global Switchgear Monitoring System Market: Research Scope
Global Switchgear Monitoring System Market, by Type
- GIS (Gas Insulated Switchgear)
- AIS (Air Insulated Switchgear)
Global Switchgear Monitoring System Market, by Component
- Software & Services
Global Switchgear Monitoring System Market, by Voltage
- High Voltage
- Medium Voltage
- Low Voltage
Global Switchgear Monitoring System Market, by Monitoring Type
- Temperature Monitoring
- Partial Discharge Monitoring
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.