Sweet Whey Powder: Introduction
The sweet whey powder is obtained by spray-drying the fresh whey liquid. The whey liquid is obtained from during the manufacturing of cheese. There can be two sources from which the sweet whey powder can be obtained. One is during the cheese pressing of the cheeses such as mozzarella, cheddar, and Swiss cheese. The other is when using rennet for cheese making. The other cheese types result in the making of the acid whey protein. The sweet whey powder can be of two types depending on the nature of the cheese produced, organic and conventional. If there are preservatives or artificial ingredients added during the cheese making, the resulting sweet whey powder will contain the traces of the preservatives thus making the sweet whey powder conventional.
The protein content of the sweet whey powder is comparatively less than the protein isolates that are produced by the companies. But the lactose content is more. The sweet whey powder contains almost 70% lactose content. But the companies are launching new products that contain a less amount of lactose.
Varied use of the Sweet Whey Powder in the food industry
The sweet whey powder is used in a number of end-use applications, especially in the food industry. The sweet whey powder has many benefits that are being utilized by the companies. The end use industries such as dairy, sauces, infant nutrition, bakery, confectionery use this as a commodity to increase the protein content of their products. The sweet whey powder is also used in the nutraceuticals especially in the protein powder along with the whey isolates. The manufacturing companies of the sweet whey powder also customize their product to comply with the specific requirements of the food manufacturers.
The retail use of the sweet whey powder into households is comparatively less. The main use of a sweet whey powder is for adding color and taste to the food product it is being added to. This is one of the main retail/household uses of the sweet whey powder.
Sweet Whey Powder: Segmentation
The global sweet whey powder is segmented on the basis of nature, type, source, end use, packaging and distribution channel.
On the basis of nature, the global Sweet Whey Powder market has been segmented as-
- Organic Sweet Whey Powder
- Conventional Sweet Whey Powder
On the basis of type, the global Sweet Whey Powder market has been segmented as-
- Natural Sweet Whey Powder
- Sweetened Sweet Whey Powder
On the basis of Processing, the global Sweet Whey Powder market has been segmented as-
- Pressed Cheese Manufacturing
- Rennet Casein Manufacturing=
On the basis of end use, the global Sweet Whey Powder market has been segmented as-
- Infant Nutrition
- Others (Sauces, dressings)
- Functional beverages
- Household/ Retail
On the basis of packaging, the global Sweet Whey Powder market has been segmented as-
- Paper bag
On the basis of distribution channel, the global Sweet Whey Powder market has been segmented as-
- Specialty Stores
- Modern Grocery Retailers
- Discount Stores
- Online Retailers
Sweet Whey Powder: Key Players
Some of the leading players of global Sweet Whey Powder market include Avani Food Products, Hilmar Cheese Company Inc., Glenstal Foods Ltd., Rothenbühler Cheesemakers, Leprino Foods Company, Fayrefield Foods Ltd., SM SPOMLEK Dairy Co-operative, Raab Vitalfood GmbH, Lactalis American Group Inc., SunOpta Inc.
Sweet Whey Powder: Activities by the participants
- Lactalis American Group Inc., in 2016 launched a new range of products called FloWhey with higher flowability that has a longer storage and easier handling. This obtained from the cheese or casein manufacturing. But the drying of this whey powder is by a special process which has not been revealed by the company.
Sweet Whey Powder: Opportunities
The uses of the sweet whey powder have been increasing over time and so is the demand for it. The research is going on extensively on sweet whey powder to find more uses in the food applications. This is also due to the whey being the waste product of the cheese manufacturing and thus a utilization for the nutrition of the people. There have been so many variations in the sweet whey powder and many of the manufacturers have started demineralizing these powders to suit the demand of the consumers.
Brief Approach to Research
The research report for sweet whey powder presents a comprehensive assessment of the market, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, application, product type, and mount type.
Key Data Points Covered in the sweet whey powder Report:
- An overview of the global nitrite market, including background and advancement.
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the nitrite market and its potential.
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends.
- Detailed value chain analysis of the nitrite market.
- The cost structure of the nitrite and segments covered in the study.
- In-depth pricing analysis, by crucial nitrite segments, regions, and by major market participants.
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario.
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants.
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size of Sweet Whey Powder
- Supply & Demand of Sweet Whey Powder
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.