Global Sustainable Polymers Market: Overview
The demand within the global sustainable polymers market is rising in lieu of developments in green energy technologies. Sustainable polymers are the most environment-friendly class of polymers, and this has been the primary driver of demand within the market. Polymer engineering has become an area of importance, and several companies have invested in polymerization technologies. Use of sustainable polymers is also expected to serve health benefits to humans. The Center for Sustainable Polymers conducts regular research related to sustainable polymerization. The efforts of this organization have generated fresh revenues within the global sustainable polymers market.
The clothing industry has remained steadfast in adhering to its corporate social responsibility. The quest of textile manufacturers to produce biodegradable products has sent ripples across the market. Marketing of clothes made from sustainable polymers has become easier as people are embracing green living standards. Henceforth, application of sustainable polymers in the textile industry shall drive market demand.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
A review by Transparency Market Research (TMR) looks into the leading drivers of demand within the sustainable polymers market. The global sustainable polymers market can be segmented on the basis of the following parameters: type, extraction material, application, end-user, and region. Based on end-user, the healthcare industry is gradually capturing a prominent share of total market consumption.
Global Sustainable Polymers Market: Notable Developments
Growing concerns related to environmental pollution have spearheaded key developments within the global sustainable polymers market.
- Scientists from the University of Birmingham demonstrated a new way of making organic polymers. The scientists used the fragrant molecules present on fruit trees and conifers to develop sustainable polymers. The biomedical industry could emerge as a key taker for this technology, and this factor shall aid the growth of market vendors. These vendors could capitalise on the need for sustainable polymers in biomedical applications.
- Novamont Ltd. was recently rewarded for its efforts in sustainable polymer manufacturing. The Plastics Industry Association in Washington DC recently honoured Novamont with the 2019 Innovation in Bioplastics Award. The award marks the efforts of companies in offering pragmatic solutions to environmental problems.
Other leading players in the global sustainable polymers market are:
- AVA Biochem
- Cardia Bioplastics
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Sustainable Polymers market, ask for a customized report
Global Sustainable Polymers Market: Growth Drivers
- Effective Degradation of Sustainable Polymers in Landfills
One of the most important factors that has driven demand within the global sustainable polymers market is their ease of disposal. In the presence of suitable conditions, sustainable polymers can easily degrade inside landfills. The uses of sustainable polymers across a wide range of industries is expected to fetch key revenues for the vendors.
The use of sustainable polymers for manufacturing food containers is a key driver of market demand. Other areas of application for sustainable polymers are plastic cutleries, clothing fibers, and cell phone cases.
- Popularity of Plant-Based Polymers
Use of renewable feedstock for manufacturing sustainable polymers has garnered the interest of energy scientists. Furthermore, plant-based polymers have become the cynosure of developments within the polymer industry. Environmentalists in several regions have lobbied against the use of non-biodegradable polymers. This trend has shifted the focus towards sustainable polymers.
Despite the relevance of sustainable polymers in the contemporary times, challenges in manufacturing these polymers could hamper market growth. Sustainable polymers lack in toughness and elasticity which discourages several manufacturers from using them. However, research aimed at optimizing the potential of these polymers shall continue to drive Sustainable Polymers Market demand.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.