Global Sustainable Athleisure Market – Introduction
- Sustainable athleisure refers to eco-friendly and environment friendly activewear. These clothes are made using recycled material keeping in mind flexibility, durability, and sustainability of clothes and the environment. The clothes are made of organic cotton, recycled synthetic, and green products and are produced without any harmful chemicals. They involve use of biodegradable cassava starch and use of natural dyes that are obtained from organically grown vegetation, etc. High quality material is used while manufacturing sustainable athleisure clothing to deal with sweating, and ensure proper fitting and comfort level which activewear brands provide. Activewear brands are not only trendy but have grown in usage due to new launches and are widely accepted as a part of fashion clothing by consumers. Online sale of sustainable athleisure has gone up significantly because of the endless desire of consumers to buy and spend on latest fashions. Moreover, the market is influenced by the green movement which has been booming simultaneously.
Sustainable athleisure clothing in sportswear, cycling, yoga, and running
- Sustainable athleisure is considered to be a key trend in sports activities such as running, and in fitness, wellness, gyms, and yoga centers. Demand for urban fashion coupled with popularity of recreational activities such as cycling, swimming, mountain climbing, snowboarding, sailing, and skiing is propelling the demand for fitness clothes which are tailored using ecological options. In the sports fashion industry, it brings culture, convenience, and an affordable price-range along with customer willingness to spend on clean fashion styles. Sale of sustainable athleisure has increased, catering to the needs of demanding consumers and urban lifestyle standards. The current wave of fitness together with upcoming fashion trends has made sportswear an extremely fast growing market.
Growing interest of younger generation and working class toward sustainable clothing
- Demand for sustainability in clothing has been booming with popular brands such as Nike, and Adidas focusing on producing more eco-friendly apparel & footwear. The use of recycled polyester to manufacture green clothing, along with the use of bio-based fabric has attracted millennials. Gen Z and the younger generation are willing to pay value money for the brand and everyday comfort fabric which is offered at a novel cost. Allowing sweat pants in many offices and ease of working with sustainable athleisure wear at work places has increased the demand for casual wear majorly among the working class. Shoppers are in sync with new products that are more ethical and ecofriendly due to the availability of a large variety of apparel with innovative designs and functionality.
North America Considered the Largest Market for Sustainable Athleisure
- In terms of geography, the global sustainable athleisure market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global sustainable athleisure market in 2019. The market in North America is anticipated to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period due to the rising popularity of sports activities, and outdoor and fitness activities such as camping and sports in the U.S., Canada, Mexico etc., which is projected to surge the sale of sustainable athleisure in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to rising urbanization, high standard of living, and growing number of sports championships. Activities such as cycling, swimming, running, and sports premier leagues are leading to widespread awareness about the usage of sustainable athleisure in developing nations such as China, South Korea, Japan, Chinese Taipei, Australia, Kyrgyzstan, and other Southeast Asian countries. These factors are projected to surge the demand for sustainable athleisure in the Asia Pacific region.
Key Players Operating in the Sustainable Athleisure Market
Prominent market players operating in the industry are likely to face intense competition during the forecasted timeline. Major companies or brands such as Vuori, PANGAIA, Outerknown, and Hanesbrands Inc. are manufacturing more inline products specific to the customer base, with greater sustainability in clothing, providing more comfortable apparel, and improved functionality to maintain a strong and vast distribution network. Also, manufacturers strive to increase sales from environment-conscious consumers. Some of the major players operating in the global sustainable athleisure market include:
- Adidas AG
- EILEEN FISHER
- Hanesbrands Inc.
- Nike Inc.
- Pact, LLC
- Patagonia, Inc.
- Under Armour Inc.
Global Sustainable Athleisure Market – Research Scope
Global Sustainable Athleisure Market, by Product Type
- Top Wear
- Bottom Wear
- Others (Sleepwear)
Global Sustainable Athleisure Market, by Price Category
Global Sustainable Athleisure Market, by Category
Global Sustainable Athleisure Market, by Usage
- Professional Sporting Activities
- Recreational Activities
Global Sustainable Athleisure Market, by Consumer Group
Global Sustainable Athleisure Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Websites
- E-commerce Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Other (Retail Stores etc.)
Global Sustainable Athleisure Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America