Surfing Boards Market: Introduction
- Surfing is a water sport in which a surfer or an individual uses a board to ride on the forward section of a moving wave of water, which usually carries the surfer toward the shore. Surfing is usually done in the ocean, but developments in technology have made it possible to create waves in pools and rivers as an alternative. Surfing is considered a dynamic and accessible sport which can be learnt by adults, children, and even dogs. A surfboard is an elongated platform used in the sport of surfing. The surfboard has a light-weight yet sturdy structure that supports the person standing on it while riding the ocean wave.
Key Drivers of the Global Surfing Boards Market
- Increasing number of surf schools, rising trend of surf wear, and acceptance of surfing as a trendy and lifestyle sport among all age groups are prominent factors expected to drive the growth of the surfing boards market throughout the forecasted years. Additionally, renowned surfing associations such as International Surfing Association, National Scholastic Surfing Association, and European Surfing Federation have been continuously working to promote surfing through annual and seasonal competitions, promotional events, and educational programs. This will further accelerate the overall growth of the surfing boards market.
Factor Restraining the Global Surfing Boards Market
- Fluctuations in trade tariffs on several raw materials can hamper the growth of the overall global surfing boards market.
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global surfing boards market can be divided into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the surfing boards market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the surfing boards market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America surfing boards market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America accounted for largest share of the global surfing boards market due to the presence of well-established manufacturers along with water sports/surfing infrastructure which influences the market growth in the region. Increasing popularity of surf camps and schools, such as Paskowitz Surf Camp, Corey’s Wave, and Billabong Surf School in the region are attracting large number of surfing enthusiasts, as these institutes offer instructor based teaching sessions, which are designed for people of all ages, stressing on surf etiquette and safety. This is majorly contributing to the growth of the surfing boards market in North America.
- The surfing boards market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period due to consumer preference for adventure water sports. Numerous surfing camps, and expansion of online shopping for surfboards are factors expected to fuel the growth of the surfing boards market in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Companies in the surfing boards market are opting for innovative strategies to develop advanced surfboards which provide superior torque and higher water propulsion and help the surfers to enhance their surfing experience. This will help to improve their competitive advantage and market share globally. Companies are focusing on innovations and developing cost effective and efficient surfing equipment which helps to propel the global sale of surfing boards. Competition is a major challenge, and hence companies are strategizing on partnerships, agreements, and acquisitions to expand their presence in the market.
A few of the key players operating in the global surfing boards market are:
- Agit Global, Inc.
- Channel Islands Surfboards
- Firewire Surfboards, LLC
- Global Surf Industries
- Infinity SUP
- Keeper Sports Products
- Mt Woodgee Surfboards
Global Surfing Boards Market: Research Scope
Global Surfing Boards Market, by Material
- Foam and Fiberglass
- Others (Wood, etc.)
Global Surfing Boards Market, by End-user
Global Surfing Boards Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Portal
- Company Owned Portal
- Sports Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Flagship Stores, etc.)
Global Surfing Boards Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global surfing boards market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.