Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market: Introduction
- Surfing is a water sport in which a surfer or an individual uses a board to ride on the forward section of a moving wave of water, which usually carries the surfer toward the shore. Surfing is usually done in the ocean, but developments in technology have made it possible to create waves in pools and rivers as an alternative. Surfing is considered a dynamic and accessible sport which can be learnt by adults, children, and even dogs. This popular sport has also inspired several variations, including windsurfing, wakeboarding, and skim boarding. For surfing, a surfer needs surfing apparel, equipment, and accessories.
Key Drivers of the Global Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market
- Increasing number of surfing schools, rising trend of surf wear, and acceptance of surfing as a trendy and lifestyle sport among all age groups are prominent factors expected to drive the growth of the surfing apparel and accessories market during the forecast period. Additionally, renowned surfing associations such as International Surfing Association, National Scholastic Surfing Association, and European Surfing Federation have been continuously working to promote surfing through annual and seasonal competitions, promotional events, and educational programs. This will further accelerate the overall growth of the surfing apparel & accessories market.
Factor Restraining the Global Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market
- Demand for surfing apparel & accessories may witness fluctuations, due to seasonality of the sport and changing fashion trends among consumers. Other factors such as economic conditions of consumers, demographics, and levels of disposable income in emerging economies are factors that can hamper the growth of the surfing apparel & accessories market.
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global surfing apparel & accessories market can be divided into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the surfing apparel & accessories market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the surfing apparel & accessories market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America surfing apparel & accessories market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America accounted for largest share of the global surfing apparel & accessories market due to the presence of well-established manufacturers along with water sports/surfing infrastructure which influences the market growth in the region. Increasing popularity of surf camps and schools, such as Paskowitz Surf Camp, Corey’s Wave, and Billabong Surf School in the region are attracting large number of surfing enthusiasts, as these institutes offer instructor based teaching sessions, which are designed for people of all ages, stressing on surf etiquette and safety. This is majorly contributing to the growth of the surfing apparel & accessories market in North America.
- The surfing apparel & accessories market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period due to consumer preference toward adventure water sports. Large number of surfing camps, and expansion of online shopping for surfing accessories and apparel are expected to fuel the growth of the surfing apparel & accessories market in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Companies in the surfing apparel & accessories market are opting for innovative strategies to develop eco-friendly outdoor clothing, which do not have any negative impact on the environment and support the idea of sustainable development. This will help to enhance their competitive advantage and enhance their market share globally. Companies are focusing on innovations and developing cost effective and efficient surfing equipment which helps to propel the global sale of surfing apparel & accessories. Extensive competition is a major challenge, hence companies are strategizing on partnerships, agreements, and acquisitions to expand their presence in the market.
A few of the key players operating in the global surfing apparel & accessories market are:
- GLOBE EUROPE SAS
- Hurley, Inc.
- Oakley, Inc.
- Reef Surf Shop
- Rip Curl, Inc.
- Roxy, Inc.
- Volcom, LLC
Global Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market: Research Scope
Global Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market, by Type
- Surf Apparel
- Surf Accessories
Global Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market, by End-user
Global Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Portal
- Company Owned Portal
- Sports Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Large Format Stores, etc.)
Global Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global surfing apparel & accessories market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!