Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market: Introduction
- Surfing is a water sport in which a surfer or an individual uses a board to ride on the forward section of a moving wave of water, which usually carries the surfer toward the shore. Surfing is usually done in the ocean, but developments in technology have made it possible to create waves in pools and rivers as an alternative. Surfing is considered a dynamic and accessible sport which can be learnt by adults, children, and even dogs. This popular sport has also inspired several variations, including windsurfing, wakeboarding, and skim boarding. For surfing, a surfer needs surfing apparel, equipment, and accessories.
Key Drivers of the Global Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market
- Increasing number of surfing schools, rising trend of surf wear, and acceptance of surfing as a trendy and lifestyle sport among all age groups are prominent factors expected to drive the growth of the surfing apparel and accessories market during the forecast period. Additionally, renowned surfing associations such as International Surfing Association, National Scholastic Surfing Association, and European Surfing Federation have been continuously working to promote surfing through annual and seasonal competitions, promotional events, and educational programs. This will further accelerate the overall growth of the surfing apparel & accessories market.
Factor Restraining the Global Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market
- Demand for surfing apparel & accessories may witness fluctuations, due to seasonality of the sport and changing fashion trends among consumers. Other factors such as economic conditions of consumers, demographics, and levels of disposable income in emerging economies are factors that can hamper the growth of the surfing apparel & accessories market.
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global surfing apparel & accessories market can be divided into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the surfing apparel & accessories market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the surfing apparel & accessories market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America surfing apparel & accessories market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America accounted for largest share of the global surfing apparel & accessories market due to the presence of well-established manufacturers along with water sports/surfing infrastructure which influences the market growth in the region. Increasing popularity of surf camps and schools, such as Paskowitz Surf Camp, Corey’s Wave, and Billabong Surf School in the region are attracting large number of surfing enthusiasts, as these institutes offer instructor based teaching sessions, which are designed for people of all ages, stressing on surf etiquette and safety. This is majorly contributing to the growth of the surfing apparel & accessories market in North America.
- The surfing apparel & accessories market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period due to consumer preference toward adventure water sports. Large number of surfing camps, and expansion of online shopping for surfing accessories and apparel are expected to fuel the growth of the surfing apparel & accessories market in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Companies in the surfing apparel & accessories market are opting for innovative strategies to develop eco-friendly outdoor clothing, which do not have any negative impact on the environment and support the idea of sustainable development. This will help to enhance their competitive advantage and enhance their market share globally. Companies are focusing on innovations and developing cost effective and efficient surfing equipment which helps to propel the global sale of surfing apparel & accessories. Extensive competition is a major challenge, hence companies are strategizing on partnerships, agreements, and acquisitions to expand their presence in the market.
A few of the key players operating in the global surfing apparel & accessories market are:
- GLOBE EUROPE SAS
- Hurley, Inc.
- Oakley, Inc.
- Reef Surf Shop
- Rip Curl, Inc.
- Roxy, Inc.
- Volcom, LLC
Global Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market: Research Scope
Global Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market, by Type
- Surf Apparel
- Surf Accessories
Global Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market, by End-user
Global Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Portal
- Company Owned Portal
- Sports Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Large Format Stores, etc.)
Global Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global surfing apparel & accessories market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.