Surface Protection Tapes Market: Overview
- Surface protection tapes protect various surfaces from scratches and marks during transit, handling, and post installation. Majority of these tapes are printable and ensure clean & stain-free removal.
- Surface protection tapes provide residue-free protection for any surface, whether mill finished, painted, or polished. These tapes can be used on stainless steel, coated metals, aluminum, glass, and plastics.
- Surface protection tapes are available in transparent, milky white, black & white, and other colors as per customer's specification
- These tapes offer excellent protection against damages and scratches. These tapes possess various properties such as adjustable peel force, no adhesive residue, weather resistance, and UV resistance.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Surface Protection Tapes Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Surface Protection Tapes Market:
- High economic growth, intensive construction activities, and increase in standard of living are the key factors driving the global surface protection tapes market. Rapid urbanization in the globe has led to an increase in infrastructural development, thus driving the demand for surface protection tapes. High growth in the building & construction industry in China, India, and other emerging countries such as Indonesia, Vietnam, and Malaysia, coupled with the growth in the transportation and electronics industries in Japan and South Korea are factors driving the demand for surface protection tapes in Asia Pacific.
- Polished metals surfaces are gently sheen or has a soft glow texture. Metals are offered in different forms such as painted, unpainted, powdered, bright, glossy, or matte. Uncoated metal surfaces or pre-coated varnished surfaces are laminated with surface protection tapes. The polished metal surfaces need to be safeguarded using a surface protection tape during the process of manufacturing, assembling, transportation, and storage. The growth of this segment is ascribed to the rise in demand for these tapes in various end-user industries such as building & construction, namely for curtain walls, building panels, and coil coatings; and automotive for the vehicle parts.
- Increase in acceptance of surface protection tapes due to their reduced weight, ease applicability, durability, customization, and smooth removal from the surface of substrates has contributed to the increasing demand for surface protection tapes
Polypropylene Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of volume and value, polypropylene is projected to be a rapidly growing segment of the global surface protection tapes market during the forecast period
- Surface protection tapes are used for applications, where resistance to high temperatures is required. Therefore, these films are majorly employed in industries such as transportation and electronics, where manufacturing operations are carried out at high temperatures. These tapes offer better clarity, higher impact strength, and better barrier properties. They are more expensive than polyethylene surface protection tapes due to their inbuilt elasticity.
Volatility in Raw Material Prices Likely to Hamper Market:
- Surface protection tapes are made using many types of materials such as polyethylene, polypropylene, and polyvinyl chloride. However, currently, the prices of these materials are varying, due to the global crisis. This is hampering the global surface protection tapes market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Surface Protection Tapes Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share Of Global Surface Protection Tapes Market:
- Demand for surface protection tapes is estimated to be high in the construction industry during the forecast period. Demand for these tapes is expected to rise in Asia Pacific owing to the increase in construction activities in countries such as China, India, and South Korea. Requirement of surface protection tapes in consumer electronics application is increasing at a significant pace, as these tapes are widely used in flat displays of various electronic gadgets. Therefore, the surface protection tapes market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the increase in consumer electronics sales in the region.
- Rise in FDI investment in automotive and construction industries in developing economies of Asia Pacific are some of the other factors likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is creating numerous opportunities for the surface protection tapes market in the consumer electronics industry, as major international companies are shifting their production facilities to China
- Growth of industries such as consumer electronics and construction in countries in Latin America such as Brazil is creating significant opportunities for the surface protection tapes market in Latin America
- In March 2019, Tesa SE invested more than US$ 34 Mn to expand its Suzhou site in China. This new unit would be involved in the manufacture of precision adhesive tapes.
- In October 2018, Avery Dennison introduced SPF-XI Supreme Protection Film. This film is expected to help in the protection of the vehicle’s appearance from UV, temperature, or any other damages.
Key Players in Market:
Key players operating in the global surface protection tapes market include:
- Compagnie De Saint-Gobain S.A.
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- Berry Global Inc.
- Nitto Denko Corporation
- Avery Dennison
- Tesa SE
- Intertape Polymer Group Inc.
Global Surface Protection Tapes Market: Research Scope
Global Surface Protection Tapes Market, by Material
- Polyvinyl chloride
Global Surface Protection Tapes Market, by Surface
- Polished Surface
Global Surface Protection Tapes Market, by End-use Industry
- Building & Construction
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.