Surface Protection Tapes Market: Overview
- Surface protection tapes protect various surfaces from scratches and marks during transit, handling, and post installation. Majority of these tapes are printable and ensure clean & stain-free removal.
- Surface protection tapes provide residue-free protection for any surface, whether mill finished, painted, or polished. These tapes can be used on stainless steel, coated metals, aluminum, glass, and plastics.
- Surface protection tapes are available in transparent, milky white, black & white, and other colors as per customer's specification
- These tapes offer excellent protection against damages and scratches. These tapes possess various properties such as adjustable peel force, no adhesive residue, weather resistance, and UV resistance.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Surface Protection Tapes Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Surface Protection Tapes Market:
- High economic growth, intensive construction activities, and increase in standard of living are the key factors driving the global surface protection tapes market. Rapid urbanization in the globe has led to an increase in infrastructural development, thus driving the demand for surface protection tapes. High growth in the building & construction industry in China, India, and other emerging countries such as Indonesia, Vietnam, and Malaysia, coupled with the growth in the transportation and electronics industries in Japan and South Korea are factors driving the demand for surface protection tapes in Asia Pacific.
- Polished metals surfaces are gently sheen or has a soft glow texture. Metals are offered in different forms such as painted, unpainted, powdered, bright, glossy, or matte. Uncoated metal surfaces or pre-coated varnished surfaces are laminated with surface protection tapes. The polished metal surfaces need to be safeguarded using a surface protection tape during the process of manufacturing, assembling, transportation, and storage. The growth of this segment is ascribed to the rise in demand for these tapes in various end-user industries such as building & construction, namely for curtain walls, building panels, and coil coatings; and automotive for the vehicle parts.
- Increase in acceptance of surface protection tapes due to their reduced weight, ease applicability, durability, customization, and smooth removal from the surface of substrates has contributed to the increasing demand for surface protection tapes
Polypropylene Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of volume and value, polypropylene is projected to be a rapidly growing segment of the global surface protection tapes market during the forecast period
- Surface protection tapes are used for applications, where resistance to high temperatures is required. Therefore, these films are majorly employed in industries such as transportation and electronics, where manufacturing operations are carried out at high temperatures. These tapes offer better clarity, higher impact strength, and better barrier properties. They are more expensive than polyethylene surface protection tapes due to their inbuilt elasticity.
Volatility in Raw Material Prices Likely to Hamper Market:
- Surface protection tapes are made using many types of materials such as polyethylene, polypropylene, and polyvinyl chloride. However, currently, the prices of these materials are varying, due to the global crisis. This is hampering the global surface protection tapes market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Surface Protection Tapes Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share Of Global Surface Protection Tapes Market:
- Demand for surface protection tapes is estimated to be high in the construction industry during the forecast period. Demand for these tapes is expected to rise in Asia Pacific owing to the increase in construction activities in countries such as China, India, and South Korea. Requirement of surface protection tapes in consumer electronics application is increasing at a significant pace, as these tapes are widely used in flat displays of various electronic gadgets. Therefore, the surface protection tapes market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the increase in consumer electronics sales in the region.
- Rise in FDI investment in automotive and construction industries in developing economies of Asia Pacific are some of the other factors likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is creating numerous opportunities for the surface protection tapes market in the consumer electronics industry, as major international companies are shifting their production facilities to China
- Growth of industries such as consumer electronics and construction in countries in Latin America such as Brazil is creating significant opportunities for the surface protection tapes market in Latin America
- In March 2019, Tesa SE invested more than US$ 34 Mn to expand its Suzhou site in China. This new unit would be involved in the manufacture of precision adhesive tapes.
- In October 2018, Avery Dennison introduced SPF-XI Supreme Protection Film. This film is expected to help in the protection of the vehicle’s appearance from UV, temperature, or any other damages.
Key Players in Market:
Key players operating in the global surface protection tapes market include:
- Compagnie De Saint-Gobain S.A.
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- Berry Global Inc.
- Nitto Denko Corporation
- Avery Dennison
- Tesa SE
- Intertape Polymer Group Inc.
Global Surface Protection Tapes Market: Research Scope
Global Surface Protection Tapes Market, by Material
- Polyvinyl chloride
Global Surface Protection Tapes Market, by Surface
- Polished Surface
Global Surface Protection Tapes Market, by End-use Industry
- Building & Construction
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.