Superplasticizers Market: Overview
- Superplasticizers are also called high range water reducer. Superplasticizers are chemical additives and synthetic polymers that are extensively used in the building & construction industry for applications such as concrete strengthening. Superplasticizers allow more than 30% reduction in the water content.
- Superplasticizers can be used in three ways: to create flowing and self-leveling concrete without increasing water, without sacrificing strength, and without reducing cement; to produce high-strength concrete by reducing water and thus water-cement ratio; and to save upon cement by reducing both cement and water contents while maintaining same water-cement ratio and same workability.
Rise in Demand for Superplasticizers in Building & Construction Industry to Drive Market
- Rise in demand for cement concrete with high fluidity and workability properties along with low water requirement is driving the global superplasticizers market. Rise in commercial and residential building projects in various developed and developing countries is another key factor expected to boost the global market. Additionally, development of various high-scale infrastructure projects including bridge, dam, and roads in developing countries is expected to boost the global superplasticizers market. Furthermore, advancement in in-transit admixing technologies, including automated slump management system, is estimated to boost the market during the forecast period.
- The global superplasticizers market is facing supply-demand shortages due to the industrial shutdown triggered by the COVID-19 outbreak. Disruption in raw material supply is anticipated to hamper full-scale operations. Supply shortage has also led to a rise in prices of raw materials. Additionally, industrial shutdown has adversely impacted product and inventory transportation, as logistic services have been hampered due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Superplasticizers Market
Polycarboxylate Derivatives (PC) Type Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on type, the global superplasticizers market can be segmented into sulfonated naphthalene-formaldehyde condensates (SNF), sulfonated melamine-formaldehyde condensates (SMF), polycarboxylate derivatives (PC), modified lignosulfonates (MLS), and lignosulfonates (LS)
- The polycarboxylate derivatives (PC) segment held major share of the global superplasticizers market in 2019. Excellent dispersibility and water reduction capabilities are estimated to drive the demand for PC-based superplasticizers. Polycarboxylate superplasticizers are employed as high-range water reducers in high performance concrete, high volume fly ash/slag concrete, high-strength concrete, dry mortar, and cement grouting. Thus, PC is projected to be a rapidly growing segment of the market in the next few years.
Ready-mix concrete Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on application, the superplasticizers market can be divided into ready-mix concrete, precast concrete, self-compacting concrete, high performance concrete, and others
- The ready-mix concrete segment is expected to dominate the global superplasticizers market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to its ease in transportation and rise in number of applications across residential, industrial, and commercial constructions. Construction companies find can reduce labor and inventory costs by opting for ready-mix concrete instead of site-mixed concrete. This is estimated to boost the ready-mix concrete segment in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Superplasticizers Market
- In terms of region, the global superplasticizers market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2019, owing to the presence of key manufacturers as well as growth in trade activities from China. Expansion of the building & construction industry in Asia Pacific is expected to boost the superplasticizers market in the region in the near future. Growth in trend of suburbanization across emerging economies of Asia Pacific is driving the superplasticizers market in the region. Countries in Asia Pacific such as China, South Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, and India are among the top 20 consumers of cement across the world. Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the largest consumer of superplasticizers due to the high consumption of cement in countries in the region.
- North America is also projected to account for key share of the global superplasticizers market during the forecast period
Key Players in Market
- Manufacturers of superplasticizers are highly consolidated in Asia Pacific. Trading activities in countries in Asia Pacific, such as China, have been increasing at a rapid pace since the last few years.
- Prominent players operating in the global market are investing in technological developments and new product launch in order to maintain their leading position
Key players operating in the global superplasticizers market include:
- BASF SE
- GCP Applied Technologies Inc.
- KAO Corporation
- Sika AG
- Concrete Additives and Chemicals
- Rain Carbon
- Shandong Wanshan Chemical
- Sakshi Chem Sciences
- Fritz-Pak Corporation
- Fuclear Technologies
- Ha-Be Betonchemie
Global Superplasticizers Market: Research Scope
Global Superplasticizers Market, by Type
- Sulfonated Naphthalene-formaldehyde Condensates (SNF)
- Sulfonated Melamine-formaldehyde Condensates (SMF)
- Polycarboxylate Derivatives (PC)
- Modified Lignosulfonates (MLS)
- Lignosulfonates (LS)
Global Superplasticizers Market, by Application
- Ready-mix Concrete
- Precast Concrete
- Self-compacting Concrete
- High Performance Concrete
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.