Global Superluminescent Diodes Market – Introduction
- Superluminescent diodes, or superluminescence diodes, or superluminescent light-emitting diodes are optoelectronic semiconductor devices that emit broadband optical radiation based on superluminescence
- SLDs are semiconductor devices that are optimized to generate a large amount of amplified spontaneous emissions. When forward biased, SLDs become optically active and generate amplified spontaneous emissions over a wide range of wavelengths.
- SLDs possess a combination of output power (similar to that of laser diode) and brightness and optical spectrum (similar to that of LED)
- Superluminescent diodes (SLDs) are excellent high-power, broadband light sources. They are used in applications such as optical coherence tomography (OCT) imaging systems and fiber optic gyroscopes (FOGs).
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Increasing Use in Optoelectronic Devices to Drive Global Superluminescent Diodes Market
- The global superluminescent diodes market is expected to be driven by increasing use of these diodes in optoelectronics devices
- Optoelectronic devices, such as optical coherence tomography imaging systems, are used in medical imaging to obtain two-dimensional and three-dimensional images of the biological tissues
- SLDs is a major source of light for the optical coherence tomography imaging. The broad spectrum and short coherence length of the emitted light improve the depth resolution in optical coherence tomography images. This promotes growth of the global superluminescent diodes market.
Product Improvement Driving Global Superluminescent Diodes Market
- Manufacturers are constantly engaged in the improvement of superluminescent diodes to remain competitive in the global superluminescent diodes market
- Superluminescent diodes have built-in 14-pin butterfly package with an integrated thermoelectric cooler that provides maximum output stability
- The wavelength of superluminescent diodes designed by Thorlabs Inc. ranges from 830 nm to 1,325 nm. They are specifically designed for use in optical coherence tomography imaging systems.
- Product improvements of superluminescent diodes are anticipated to boost the global superluminescent diodes market during the forecast period
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
North America to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global superluminescent diodes market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The superluminescent diodes market in North America is anticipated to hold the leading market share during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to technological advancements and high adoption of optoelectronics devices in the region.
- The superluminescent diodes market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period, owing to presence of a large-sized consumer electronics industry in the region
- Middle East & Africa and South America are potential markets for superluminescent diodes
Key Players in Global Market
Prominent players operating in the global superluminescent diodes market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for superluminescent diodes. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global superluminescent diodes market are:
- Thorlabs Inc.
- Inphenix, Inc.
- EXALOS AG
- Anritsu Corporation
- QPhotonics, LLC
- IINNO Intelligent Innovations
Global Superluminescent Diodes Market – Segmentation
The global superluminescent diodes market can be segmented based on:
- Wavelength Range
- Fiber Mode
Global Superluminescent Diodes Market, by Wavelength Range
Based on wavelength range, the global superluminescent diodes market can be classified into:
- 400 to 700
- 701 to 1,000
- 1,000 & Above
Global Superluminescent Diodes Market, by Fiber Mode
Based on fiber mode, the global superluminescent diodes market can be segmented into:
Global Superluminescent Diodes Market, by Application
Based on application, the global superluminescent diodes market can be divided into:
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Fiber-optic Gyroscopes
- White Light Interferometry
- WDM PON Systems
Global Superluminescent Diodes Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.