Superfine Talc Market: Introduction
- Superfine talc is used as reinforcing filler in polypropylene and engineering thermoplastics for automotive parts, domestic applications, electrical & electronic components, and food packaging
- Superfine talc is widely employed in plastic applications including automobile parts, household appliances, electrical and electronic parts, and wood-plastic composite parts
- The superfine talc market has been expanding at a rapid pace in Asia Pacific due to the rise in middle-class population with high disposable income and increasing demand for consumer goods and consumer durables. This is driving the superfine talc market in the region.
Key Drivers of Global Superfine Talc Market
- Asia Pacific is projected to remain the largest and fastest-growing market for superfine talc in the next five years, driven by the presence of emerging economies such as China and India in the region. High automobile production, high building and construction activities, and increase in industrial activities are major factors driving the demand for superfine talc in Asia Pacific. The region also possesses abundant resources of raw materials for superfine talc. North America and Europe are also likely to generate healthy demand for superfine talc over the next five years.
- Superfine talc is used in many applications due to its excellent properties, such as resistance to heat, electricity, acids, oil, and grease adsorption. The material is widely used to enhance properties, such as stiffness, thermal conductivity, impact resistance, creep resistance, and chemical resistance, of materials or parts used in various end-use industries. Excellent properties, increase in plastic content in the automotive industry, and rise in demand for paints & coatings are major factors that are driving the global superfine talc market. However, talc is being replaced by biotechnological solutions in applications such as pitch control in the pulp & paper industry. These biotechnological solutions use enzymes or fungi for pitch control. Hence, the use of superfine talc in the pulp & paper industry has declined, thereby leading to a decrease in demand for superfine talc in the industry.
To clarify your doubts about the report on Superfine Talc Market, Request a Brochure here
Plastic Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- The plastic segment accounted for major share of the superfine talc market in 2018, as superfine talc is widely used as an anti-blocking agent in polyethylene. It also helps restore the properties of recycled plastics.
- In the automotive industry, superfine talc is used in polymer compounds to stabilize fenders and develop dashboards that are highly scratch resistant. Superfine talc also increases the modulus of elasticity, impact resistance, dimensional stability, color consistency, scratch resistance, creep strength, and low abrasion in plastic components.
- Based on deposit form, the talc carbonate segment accounted for major share of the market in 2018, owing to its high availability across the globe, high talc content, and purity
Stringent Environmental Regulations to Hamper Market
- Several environment protection agencies across the globe are regulating the production and usage of talc in various applications. This is projected to hamper the superfine talc market. These environment protection agencies have implemented various regulations across the globe to reduce the harmful impact of talc mines and processing plants on the environment. However, it has also been proved that the use of talcum powder by women can cause ovarian cancer in them. Furthermore, talcum powder is associated with respiratory issues in infants. Long-term exposure the powder can cause pneumonia and asthma symptoms.
- The paper industry has been expanding at a sluggish pace across the globe due to digitization. This has reduced the demand for graphic papers. Growth of the paper industry has been slower in North America and Europe compared to that in Asia Pacific. This is likely to restrain the superfine talc market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Superfine Talc Market
- Asia Pacific accounted for major share of the superfine talc market in 2018. The region is anticipated to maintain its attractiveness during the forecast period, owing to the rise in industrialization, growth of the automotive sector, and increase in demand for superfine talc in cosmetics & personal care, ceramics, paints & coatings, and pharmaceuticals end-use industries across region.
- Middle East & Africa is anticipated to be the growing region of the global superfine talc market during the forecast period. Currently, the market in the region is in the development stage. Key players are investing significantly in the market in the region in order to expand their presence and gain higher market share.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Superfine Talc Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global superfine talc market is consolidated, with presence of large-sized international players. However, presence of small- and medium-sized domestic players makes the market highly competitive. Key players operating in the global superfine talc market are:
- Mondo Minerals
- Minerals Technologies
- Golcha Group
- Jai Group Company
- IMI Fabi
- Liaoning Aihai Talc
- Arihant Minchem
- Sun Minerals
- Superior Materials
Global Superfine Talc Market: Research Scope
Global Superfine Talc Market, by Deposit Type
- Talc Carbonate
- Talc Chlorite
Global Superfine Talc Market, by End-use Industry
- Pulp & Paper
- Paints & Coatings
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
Global Superfine Talc Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.