Superfine Talc Market: Introduction
- Superfine talc is used as reinforcing filler in polypropylene and engineering thermoplastics for automotive parts, domestic applications, electrical & electronic components, and food packaging
- Superfine talc is widely employed in plastic applications including automobile parts, household appliances, electrical and electronic parts, and wood-plastic composite parts
- The superfine talc market has been expanding at a rapid pace in Asia Pacific due to the rise in middle-class population with high disposable income and increasing demand for consumer goods and consumer durables. This is driving the superfine talc market in the region.
Key Drivers of Global Superfine Talc Market
- Asia Pacific is projected to remain the largest and fastest-growing market for superfine talc in the next five years, driven by the presence of emerging economies such as China and India in the region. High automobile production, high building and construction activities, and increase in industrial activities are major factors driving the demand for superfine talc in Asia Pacific. The region also possesses abundant resources of raw materials for superfine talc. North America and Europe are also likely to generate healthy demand for superfine talc over the next five years.
- Superfine talc is used in many applications due to its excellent properties, such as resistance to heat, electricity, acids, oil, and grease adsorption. The material is widely used to enhance properties, such as stiffness, thermal conductivity, impact resistance, creep resistance, and chemical resistance, of materials or parts used in various end-use industries. Excellent properties, increase in plastic content in the automotive industry, and rise in demand for paints & coatings are major factors that are driving the global superfine talc market. However, talc is being replaced by biotechnological solutions in applications such as pitch control in the pulp & paper industry. These biotechnological solutions use enzymes or fungi for pitch control. Hence, the use of superfine talc in the pulp & paper industry has declined, thereby leading to a decrease in demand for superfine talc in the industry.
To clarify your doubts about the report on Superfine Talc Market, Request a Brochure here
Plastic Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- The plastic segment accounted for major share of the superfine talc market in 2018, as superfine talc is widely used as an anti-blocking agent in polyethylene. It also helps restore the properties of recycled plastics.
- In the automotive industry, superfine talc is used in polymer compounds to stabilize fenders and develop dashboards that are highly scratch resistant. Superfine talc also increases the modulus of elasticity, impact resistance, dimensional stability, color consistency, scratch resistance, creep strength, and low abrasion in plastic components.
- Based on deposit form, the talc carbonate segment accounted for major share of the market in 2018, owing to its high availability across the globe, high talc content, and purity
Stringent Environmental Regulations to Hamper Market
- Several environment protection agencies across the globe are regulating the production and usage of talc in various applications. This is projected to hamper the superfine talc market. These environment protection agencies have implemented various regulations across the globe to reduce the harmful impact of talc mines and processing plants on the environment. However, it has also been proved that the use of talcum powder by women can cause ovarian cancer in them. Furthermore, talcum powder is associated with respiratory issues in infants. Long-term exposure the powder can cause pneumonia and asthma symptoms.
- The paper industry has been expanding at a sluggish pace across the globe due to digitization. This has reduced the demand for graphic papers. Growth of the paper industry has been slower in North America and Europe compared to that in Asia Pacific. This is likely to restrain the superfine talc market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Superfine Talc Market
- Asia Pacific accounted for major share of the superfine talc market in 2018. The region is anticipated to maintain its attractiveness during the forecast period, owing to the rise in industrialization, growth of the automotive sector, and increase in demand for superfine talc in cosmetics & personal care, ceramics, paints & coatings, and pharmaceuticals end-use industries across region.
- Middle East & Africa is anticipated to be the growing region of the global superfine talc market during the forecast period. Currently, the market in the region is in the development stage. Key players are investing significantly in the market in the region in order to expand their presence and gain higher market share.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Superfine Talc Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global superfine talc market is consolidated, with presence of large-sized international players. However, presence of small- and medium-sized domestic players makes the market highly competitive. Key players operating in the global superfine talc market are:
- Mondo Minerals
- Minerals Technologies
- Golcha Group
- Jai Group Company
- IMI Fabi
- Liaoning Aihai Talc
- Arihant Minchem
- Sun Minerals
- Superior Materials
Global Superfine Talc Market: Research Scope
Global Superfine Talc Market, by Deposit Type
- Talc Carbonate
- Talc Chlorite
Global Superfine Talc Market, by End-use Industry
- Pulp & Paper
- Paints & Coatings
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
Global Superfine Talc Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.