Global Super Foods Market: An Overview
The global super foods market is expected to expand at a healthy CAGR during 2018-2028, despite lack of scientific support for core ideas such as ‘super fruits’.
Super foods continue to gain traction in the global economy. The super foods market reached billion dollar in evaluation in 2007, due to introduction of several new products. During that year, hundreds of new products were introduced in the market. The initial outburst and heavy advertising hurt the prospects of the super foods market. Products such as pomegranate, goji saw falling sales soon as their tastes did not enrich buds. However, the marketing concept of super foods achieved a critical goal: Get consumers to taste exotic products.
Since then various products like mangosteen, acai, and goji have witnessed adoption in new markets. These products have a large base in their home markets, where these fruits have played a vital role in medicine as well as in daily diets. These products are expected to grow considerably in the near future as rising awareness and more cooking recipes make their way into the super foods market.
Global Super Foods Market: Notable Developments
- Walgreens has announced that it will offer CBD products in its 1500 stores across the United States. The buzzmaking super food is widely used in gumdrops and lotions as well. However, its association with THC earlier was keeping many reputed brands away from the store. According to Walgreens, the product will go on shelves with a ‘non-THC warning’. However, widespread medicinal benefits are need of the hour for the super foods market. Growing acceptance of their benefits can provide a major boost for the global super foods market.
Global Super Foods Market: Key Trends
Health Consciousness to Propel the Super Foods Market
The effect of a growing populated planet are visible to many. Large populations are leading to increased congestion in urban areas. Additionally, these are also driving commercial agriculture at its peak, which is resulting in the usage of chemicals and fertilizers. Due to rising health effects of such practices, modern consumers is becoming increasingly health conscious. This is leading to the growth of organic products and trends such as super foods as well.
Super foods are also expected to grow as living a healthy life is difficult as it involves regular exercise and healthy diets. On the other hand, e-commerce is experiencing tremendous growth. The convenience of availing super foods, appealing packaging, and proven benefits of products like CBD are expected to drive robust growth for the super foods market in the near future.
Global Super Foods Market: Regional Outlook
The global super foods market report is divided into main regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa. The super foods market in North America region grossed the highest total revenue earlier. Due to growing demand for nutrition based healthy food and desperation to seek alternative lifestyle, the super foods market will register a significant growth in the region. On the other hand, the super foods market is expected to register the fastest growth in Asia Pacific. The region is witnessing a growing demand exotic foods, thanks to growing disposable income and high quality of many of these products. Additionally, growing concerns about health are also expected to drive robust growth for the super foods market in the Asia Pacific region.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.