Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breakers: Introduction
- Sulfur hexafluoride circuit breakers protect electric systems by interrupting electric current when fault occurs. They consist of current-carrying contacts that operate in sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) gas.
- Excellent physical and chemical properties of sulfur hexafluoride, including electro-negativity, arc extinguishing, insulation, non-inflammability, and stability, drive the global sulfur hexafluoride circuit breaker market
- Depending on the voltage level applied, sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breaker are broadly classified into three types: four-interrupter SF6 circuit breaker (applied up to 715 V), two-interrupter SF6 circuit breaker (applied up to 400 V), and single-interrupter SF6 circuit breaker (applied up to 220 V)
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Global Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breaker Market
- The global demand for sulfur hexafluoride (F) circuit breaker is expected to increase in the near future, owing to increasing investments in renewable power generation and power transmission. This is expected to be a key factor driving the global sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breaker market during the forecast period.
- Growing concerns about sustainable development, decarburization goals, declining costs of battery storage, and various policy initiatives are expected to increase investments in renewable power generation in the near future. Since sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers play a crucial role in protecting renewable electric systems from high fault currents, their adoption is anticipated to increase further during the forecast period
- Companies operating in the global sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breaker market are investing in the expansion of their product portfolios as well as their distribution networks. They have adopted strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, development of new products, joint ventures, and expansions to meet the increasing demand for sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers across different regions.
Increasing Industrialization to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Increasing industrialization and rapidly growing population are expected to increase the demand for energy. This, in turn, is projected to augment the demand for sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers for use in various power distribution and transmission network applications.
- Increasing industrialization stimulates urbanization and transportation and drives the energy demand. This, in turn, is expected to augment the adoption of sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Regulations and Policies about Usage of Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breakers to Hinder Market
- Use of sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers in various sectors faces restrictions as per the current environmental protection protocols
- A majority of countries are focusing on reduction in emissions of sulfur hexafluoride, as sulfur hexafluoride is a greenhouse gas and it remains in the atmosphere for thousands of years
- Wider use of sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers faces major challenges. This, in turn, is anticipated to hinder the global sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breaker market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breaker Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key markets in the region. In terms of demand, the two countries account for a major share of the market in the region. Increase in the demand for sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers in Asia Pacific can be attributed to continuously increasing industrialization and rising demand for electric power in the region.
- Investments for new power generation and transmission are rising in various developing countries of Asia Pacific. This, in turn, is expected to fuel the demand for sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers for use in power transmission and distribution in the next few years.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breaker market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–35% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breaker market are:
- Schneider Electric SE
- Kirloskar Electric Company
- LARSEN & TOUBRO LIMITED
- Siemens AG
- ABB Group
- Hitachi T&D Solutions, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Tavrida Electric
- Toshiba Corporation
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
Global Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breaker Market: Research Scope
Global Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breaker Market, by Type
- Single Interrupter
- Two Interrupter
- Four Interrupter
Global Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breaker Market, by Application
Global Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breaker Market, by End-use Industry
- Transmission & Distribution Utilities
- Power Generation
Global Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breaker Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.