Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breakers: Introduction
- Sulfur hexafluoride circuit breakers protect electric systems by interrupting electric current when fault occurs. They consist of current-carrying contacts that operate in sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) gas.
- Excellent physical and chemical properties of sulfur hexafluoride, including electro-negativity, arc extinguishing, insulation, non-inflammability, and stability, drive the global sulfur hexafluoride circuit breaker market
- Depending on the voltage level applied, sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breaker are broadly classified into three types: four-interrupter SF6 circuit breaker (applied up to 715 V), two-interrupter SF6 circuit breaker (applied up to 400 V), and single-interrupter SF6 circuit breaker (applied up to 220 V)
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Global Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breaker Market
- The global demand for sulfur hexafluoride (F) circuit breaker is expected to increase in the near future, owing to increasing investments in renewable power generation and power transmission. This is expected to be a key factor driving the global sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breaker market during the forecast period.
- Growing concerns about sustainable development, decarburization goals, declining costs of battery storage, and various policy initiatives are expected to increase investments in renewable power generation in the near future. Since sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers play a crucial role in protecting renewable electric systems from high fault currents, their adoption is anticipated to increase further during the forecast period
- Companies operating in the global sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breaker market are investing in the expansion of their product portfolios as well as their distribution networks. They have adopted strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, development of new products, joint ventures, and expansions to meet the increasing demand for sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers across different regions.
Increasing Industrialization to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Increasing industrialization and rapidly growing population are expected to increase the demand for energy. This, in turn, is projected to augment the demand for sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers for use in various power distribution and transmission network applications.
- Increasing industrialization stimulates urbanization and transportation and drives the energy demand. This, in turn, is expected to augment the adoption of sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Regulations and Policies about Usage of Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breakers to Hinder Market
- Use of sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers in various sectors faces restrictions as per the current environmental protection protocols
- A majority of countries are focusing on reduction in emissions of sulfur hexafluoride, as sulfur hexafluoride is a greenhouse gas and it remains in the atmosphere for thousands of years
- Wider use of sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers faces major challenges. This, in turn, is anticipated to hinder the global sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breaker market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breaker Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key markets in the region. In terms of demand, the two countries account for a major share of the market in the region. Increase in the demand for sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers in Asia Pacific can be attributed to continuously increasing industrialization and rising demand for electric power in the region.
- Investments for new power generation and transmission are rising in various developing countries of Asia Pacific. This, in turn, is expected to fuel the demand for sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers for use in power transmission and distribution in the next few years.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breaker market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–35% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breaker market are:
- Schneider Electric SE
- Kirloskar Electric Company
- LARSEN & TOUBRO LIMITED
- Siemens AG
- ABB Group
- Hitachi T&D Solutions, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Tavrida Electric
- Toshiba Corporation
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
Global Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breaker Market: Research Scope
Global Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breaker Market, by Type
- Single Interrupter
- Two Interrupter
- Four Interrupter
Global Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breaker Market, by Application
Global Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breaker Market, by End-use Industry
- Transmission & Distribution Utilities
- Power Generation
Global Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breaker Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.